Broken in trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Whats everyone views on breaking trowels in ?

Just recently a second hand Marshall town went for £70 on flea bay it hadn't even been cleaned lol theres another on there now for £50 + postage. Who buys these and why ?

My old man used to say to me "never use another mans trowel as its broken in to his hand" !!

Is there any truth in this ?

I can sort of see where he was coming from, ive seen spreads cutting out corners both with the side or the toe therefore wearing the trowel down differently, what about left and right handers ? more pressure less pressure !

Not only the blade but what about the handle one of mine has a groove in it where the it roles around my thumb it fits me perfectly and id know it from any other trowel.

So do we think its worth buying secondhand trowels to try and short cut, or just buy new and break it in to our own way of spreading ?

A trained spread can finish with a new trowel , a new guy won't match it with the best worn engineered trowel..

Your dads right buddy.

Just keep a trowel for floating and different for skimming. As soon as you break 1 in start another incase of breakages.

holding another mans trowel is just like holding another mans cock.
IT just dont feel right!

wrong section for all that malarky Jessop, just ask Arti for directions, he'll take you in the hand.....I mean by the hand. I would personally never use a second hand trowel, its more the handle Im fussy over, not a fan of the permashape type, I have mine sanded down just how I like it

I can give him directions then bring up the rear..................:RpS_thumbup: cant have new happy members getting lost...............:RpS_sneaky:

When i started (86) my very first trowel had been broken in by my boss, it was a ss tyzack ,still got it but it is to worn to use now . I can see what the advantage of buying a used worn in trowel would be to someone who has just completed one of those two week courses or a chancer ,as it saves them the time braking a new one in and it looks better when they turn up at a job not having all brand new tools giving away there lack of experience .If i gave this job up tomorrow i would never sell my tools as i feel they are very personal to me and i have cared and looked after them for a very long time now. A thing some other trades just don't understand by the way i see them treat there tools .

All bollox as Gibbo said there aint no difference using a new trowel against a worn in one, yes you get used to a trowel fair enough but the finish aint no different from when it was new.

Status
Not open for further replies.