Brick effect render with raised joints ?! Any idea what this is and who can apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurro

Brick effect render with raised joints ?! Any idea what this is and who can apply.

my high tec iphone must have confused the mice running the forum. try this pic. Obviously painted with textured masonry paint. Underneath is a brick coloured render and the joints are on the surface . prob about 5mm ish. need to do some patch repairs to cracks and blown areas.

Only took you four hours like...........................better late than never.....................fu@k knows how you do it though

my high tec iphone must have confused the mice running the forum. try this pic. Obviously painted with textured masonry paint. Underneath is a brick coloured render and the joints are on the surface . prob about 5mm ish. need to do some patch repairs to cracks and blown areas.
mice running the forum....pmsl .
That'll be Danny, flynny and warrior .....the three micekateers
....squeak,squeak ......:RpS_laugh:

It looks pretty easy to me, especially if its painted , so what's the issue/question ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Maybe render flat then mark out the raised joints and scrape back the blocks / brick?

is that textured paint or a slight tyrolean?

Looking at the pic its just mono with cuts :banghead:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Its tuck pointed brickwork looks like some **** has painted it with textured paint and ruined a piece of art its a complicated process to do I do this work and the pointing alone comes to £120 m2 if that helps.

To those who failed their exams because they didn't RTFQ.
The render is brick coloured and smooth.
the joints are white, about 5mm wide, have a sharp/clean edge and are planted onto the surface, being abouth 2-3mm thick. looks like a stencil or mould has been used.
its then been painted at a later date with textured masonry paint.
its not tuck pointed,the joints arnt scratched into the surface.

blimy, damned if you do and damned if you don't on here. Just a bit of banter beddy.
if anyone knows what this is and how its done then the render repair job could be yours. Its in Worthing west sussex. Need to get tender back by 7th dec. more detail available, area etc.

cheers

Very simple get yourself a mat of the same pattern if one exists if not make a rubber mat ( take a cast of what you have got) then get some wallcrete and away you go oh and welcome to the forums and maybe before you start demanding introduce yourself we don't get payed for this advise it's from the goodness if our hearts x

To be fair I havn't demanded anything. Got some pretty harsh comments the first time I tried to post the picture and I've offered it up to price and do the job. I'm not a plasterer , hence why I asked. I've also posted on the plasterer wanted section for a job in Milton Keynes if anyone's interested.
Cheers.

It is as I said, Tuck pointing, I have given you an estimate of the cost shame as I was in Worthing this weekend and could have had a look not a great time of the year to do it as the raised joint is formed in lime putty so must be protected from frost pm me if you want it done.

To those who failed their exams because they didn't RTFQ.
The render is brick coloured and smooth.
the joints are white, about 5mm wide, have a sharp/clean edge and are planted onto the surface, being abouth 2-3mm thick. looks like a stencil or mould has been used.
its then been painted at a later date with textured masonry paint.
its not tuck pointed,the joints arnt scratched into the surface.
They not always are.

Status
Not open for further replies.