Breathable Cellar Tanking?

spunyad

Hi all, 1st post here :) I'd like to make the walls of my damp victorian terrace cellar dry enough to be usable for storage.

At the moment, there is penetrating damp on one wall and 2-3 courses of rising damp on the other three. The walls are solid brick and there is of course no DPC.

Are there any renders available that would keep the walls dry to the touch, but still allow them to "breathe"?

I've been looking at the so-called dehumidifying renders from mapei, vimark and fassa bortolo. Does anyone have any experience how well these work in underground cellars?

TIA for any info or suggestions! :)

And yes, I will also increase ventilation and/or install a dehumidifier

Attachments

• cellar photo.jpg
    cellar photo.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 38
Hi all, 1st post here :) I'd like to make the walls of my damp victorian terrace cellar dry enough to be usable for storage.

At the moment, there is penetrating damp on one wall and 2-3 courses of rising damp on the other three. The walls are solid brick and there is of course no DPC.

Are there any renders available that would keep the walls dry to the touch, but still allow them to "breathe"?

I've been looking at the so-called dehumidifying renders from mapei, vimark and fassa bortolo. Does anyone have any experience how well these work in underground cellars?

TIA for any info or suggestions! :)

And yes, I will also increase ventilation and/or install a dehumidifier

Rinzaffo MGN

Last year it was about £35 per bag.