Bonding coat over textured ceiling - PVA b4 skim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willber

Hi guys

I've bonded the ceiling with thistle bonding coat, but it went too dark b4 I could get the multi finish on.

Do I need to let the bonding coat completely dry out then give it a few coats of PVA? Or can i just wet it down again in the morning and get the multi on? Whats the best method?

I bonded my kitchen wall a few weeks ago, it dried out totally and I gave it several coats of PVA and it still sucked all the moisture out of the Multi - didn't seem to matter how many coats either. Wckes own brand PVA - FWIW

Hi guys

I've bonded the ceiling with thistle bonding coat, but it went too dark b4 I could get the multi finish on.

Do I need to let the bonding coat completely dry out then give it a few coats of PVA? Or can i just wet it down again in the morning and get the multi on? Whats the best method?

I bonded my kitchen wall a few weeks ago, it dried out totally and I gave it several coats of PVA and it still sucked all the moisture out of the Multi - didn't seem to matter how many coats either. Wckes own brand PVA - FWIW
I personally would never use bonding on a ceiling.it will add to much Weight
Either scrape all the alex off or re board and skim

Status
Not open for further replies.