BG to supersede uni finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh

I heard from a reliable source that BG are phasing out uni finish and will be superseding it with a new product in the Summer. Any thoughts on what the new name will be?

My guess is mono finish :RpS_biggrin:

It better come with caveats...They need to talk to us and not just stalk us on here.. We all need to make a living , telling customers its not our fault wont wash for us or them..

It's supposed to be very good and it had better be, because they lost a lot of credibility after the launch of uni finish.

Do you honestly think they give a flying **** about credibility? Does it make any difference to their turnover profits? I don't think so.

I heard from a reliable source that BG are phasing out uni finish and will be superseding it with a new product in the Summer. Any thoughts on what the new name will be?

My guess is mono finish :RpS_biggrin:

I told you not to say anything just yet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Right thats it im tellin............everyone, I designed them trowel boxes and got mihn to push it for me i apologise for trying to pull the wool over your eyes but he made me :)

Do you honestly think they give a flying **** about credibility? Does it make any difference to their turnover profits? I don't think so.

I like to give people the chance to rectify their errors. If the original uni had lived up to the hype it would have changed work as we know it.

I like to give people the chance to rectify their errors. If the original uni had lived up to the hype it would have changed work as we know it.
It was too expensive and they did not answer our concerns ., which were raised a long time back...

Some of us have'nt known a lot of work lately .:RpS_crying:

Not really, if it had worked the time it would have saved would have balanced out the price difference.
Disagree minh, not having to roll pva onto walls would not make up for paying twice the price of normal plaster.

How much time do you have to waste pva-ing?
Pva is applied quite quickly, it educates us re the suction of the substrate, educates us as to the soundness of the substrate due to our experience, if pva soaks in it tells me that the paint or artex is unsound and will peel of under a plaster coat. if the pva drips wet then it is not skimmable that day.. What will unifinish tell you once it is applied....?

Say you had a room to plaster that would take you a day, 10 bags say. Multi £50 uni £100. So say you use a full tub of pva (which you won't) that would mean if you used uni you would be going home at least £40 quid lighter. And before anyone starts i just rounded prices and that up to make a point.

Say you had a room to plaster that would take you a day, 10 bags say. Multi £50 uni £100. So say you use a full tub of pva (which you won't) that would mean if you used uni you would be going home at least £40 quid lighter. And before anyone starts i just rounded prices and that up to make a point.

If you had to apply 4 coats of PVA you'd be there for over an hour waiting between coats. If you were working on £30 an hour it would balance itself out.

Pva is applied quite quickly, it educates us re the suction of the substrate, educates us as to the soundness of the substrate due to our experience, if pva soaks in it tells me that the paint or artex is unsound and will peel of under a plaster coat. if the pva drips wet then it is not skimmable that day.. What will unifinish tell you once it is applied....?

Spot on, how many times have you thought an artex ceiling looks good but when you start running the roller over it you realize it is all over the place.

If you had to apply 4 coats of PVA you'd be there for over an hour waiting between coats. If you were working on £30 an hour it would balance itself out.

If i was on £30 an hour i would be posting this from las vegas :RpS_thumbsup:

you are wrong on a few points,you are back footing whilst answering like a politician, plastering is not done out of school books, it is done out of experience . Why don't you explain assessing the situation before applying the "new unifinish" I have never used pva neat as I am not a carpenter. I want an answer to assessing the situation before skimming please. Thanks

you are wrong on a few points,you are back footing whilst answering like a politician, plastering is not done out of school books, it is done out of experience . Why don't you explain assessing the situation before applying the "new unifinish" I have never used pva neat as I am not a carpenter. I want an answer to assessing the situation before skimming please. Thanks

PVA is not a panacea for assessing substrates. Do you really have 100% faith in a wood adhesive?

Status
Not open for further replies.