best way to trowell up using a spatula and plazzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

master

i tried spat to flatten it in then went over it with the sponge then plazzi then spat then plazzi sounds long winded but wasnt to bad and came up nice any tips or better methods of troweling up with these 2 any advice appreaciated

Lost me with plazzi trowels and looked at the link, what are they supposed to do compared to the standard trowel.

I've been knocking around for 4 decades and never heard of them.

plastic trowels have been around for years the larger companies have just take the idea and sold it on for big bucks, they used to be made from old fire exit signs and such forth

plastic trowels have been around for years the larger companies have just take the idea and sold it on for big bucks, they used to be made from old fire exit signs and such forth

Not really a trowel if its a fire exit sign is it. The plazziflex haven't been around very long.

screw a handel to it and its a trowel, and ok mr pedantic haha plastic trowels might not have been around for ages in the form they are now but the idea and the homemade plastic trowels have been around for ages

I get ya JR. Was never interested when they were home made. Only used them when they were made properly by refina.

ive got the refina ones and they do have thier used but i dnt think thier as good as a cheapy one i picked up few years ago

i tried spat to flatten it in then went over it with the sponge then plazzi then spat then plazzi sounds long winded but wasnt to bad and came up nice any tips or better methods of troweling up with these 2 any advice appreaciated

Firstly use board finish not multi, its much better for spatting.

Scratch on, speedskim up.
Lay down. Speedskim if you need. First trowel with marshalltown. Dry spat. Wet spat. Plazzy.

If you use multi you'll probably have to sponge it. Wait until your final trowel before crossing. Wet sponge and spat. Plazzy.

Last edited:
Lost me with plazzi trowels and looked at the link, what are they supposed to do compared to the standard trowel.

I've been knocking around for 4 decades and never heard of them.

im sure if you have a look around the forum you'll see how popular they are at the moment!

if you would like a bit more information on the product then give me a message and i'll be more than happy to give you some more information.

Cheers

What's the best way of getting scratches out of plastic trowels???
they are fantastic to use but seem to scratch easily.
Have tried oil stone and light sandpaper.
any ideas???

Refina I own the spat and the plazzy they both go out of shape quick good tools but next time it goes back to the drawing board its worth having a rethink especially at the price I wouldn't buy another spat

Refina I own the spat and the plazzy they both go out of shape quick good tools but next time it goes back to the drawing board its worth having a rethink especially at the price I wouldn't buy another spat

cheers for the feedback spunky. With the spat, we are looking at replaceable blades so you guys dont have to fork out each time for a complete new tool. Much the same as we do with the plazzy. however, this is a work in progress so I will keep you updated.

is there any other feedback you could give me on possible changes other than price?

cheers

My 24" plazzi is bending out of shape at both ends because the glue/adhesive has lost its stick and the plastic is coming away. When it gets worse i'll pull it apart and clean and glue it again and hope it holds. Maybe the bigger plazzi's need a bit more strength at the ends.

My 24" plazzi is bending out of shape at both ends because the glue/adhesive has lost its stick and the plastic is coming away. When it gets worse i'll pull it apart and clean and glue it again and hope it holds. Maybe the bigger plazzi's need a bit more strength at the ends.

cheers for the feedback, ill pass it on to the boss and see what he says, in the meantime, if your trowel is coming apart within a year of purchase just send it back to us and we will sort you out with a replacement, as this isnt meant to happen to the plazzi. Anyone else having any problems??

cheers for the feedback, ill pass it on to the boss and see what he says, in the meantime, if your trowel is coming apart within a year of purchase just send it back to us and we will sort you out with a replacement, as this isnt meant to happen to the plazzi. Anyone else having any problems??

Same here.

When you put you're plastic trowels down lean them up against the wall to try and keep a little permashape
Refina the tools just need to be a litre more gutsy maybe slightly stronger plastic not sure on the spat tbh its probably my fault cause I stand it up on its side
I think you'd be onto a winner if you binned the ally spat and used the plastic blade on it instead

Harry if possible when you have a natter with the firms who make the midget trowels , could you suggest to them that the handle
does not need to be over the heel of the trowel when only a midget trowel fits the space you need to skim often I found the handle stops me when the blade fits and I also think the blades need to be a thinner gauge steel. I have had mine many years and still no give in the trowel and I have used it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.