best van

Status
Not open for further replies.

phippsy333

looking at a new van...my old ex bt van has def seen better days and aint exactly promoting my work("if his vans that moody his work is too" syndrome ),been looking at vauxhall vivaro/transit swb or even maybe mwb /renault trafic...vw to small for me and same as vito and long wheel base is too big...........i know a couple of u have got one of these vans .....price wise etc the trafic looks pretty good....oasis know u have one...what u think of it.......had a tranny before so could go for newer one ie 05/06 plate....what u guys think ...are fiats any good ie body work rusting? any feedback would be good ...nice one boys phippsy

vw vans probably the best to buy from new because they dont depreciate in value so much. also ive got a fait it has been good to me so far...... touch wood, also cant see any rust on it yet.
personaly i would get 1 of the new lwb transit vans.

vitos are alright, 8x4's can go in on edge corner to corner with tools and matts piled on each side. rear door provides a handy shelter if you have to mix outside 8)

Phippsy needs a self cleaning van , especially in the back.Must say my new shape Dispatch has been a good van, so far .Will probably have a Transprter next March.

I have an 04 extra long wheelbase Vito, have had it since new and had a right mare with it to start with but once the problems were sorted I have been really impressed with it. With the Vito the flat bed extends under the seats a fair way which with the extra long wheelbase means you can fit 3m beads straight in. This is the nicest van I've ever driven in fact I often shot out in it in preference to the double cab, for a van of this size it it also very economical. One thing I would say though is that there is a lot of glass in the cab and it can get ruddy hot in there, I got a bargain by buying one of the forecourt on the last day of the tax year but when I get my next one I will order one in with air con even if it does cost a bit more.

Thats the one mate, think ill get air con next time too, driving down the motorway with the windows down can be an arseache and it gets too hot with them up!!!!!!

dont get me started with vans was meant to be starting for plasterjfe on sat last week my head gasket went on the combo so aranged for my mate to to take us in his transporter an the fukkkin water pump goes on that at half 5 sat mornin :mad: :mad: :mad:

was chatting to a mechanic today and he said vivaro's are shite traffic's and nissans are ok ...........he loved peugeot boxers said all pugs have strong engines and fords are allways good but the 54/55 are more reliable than the newer model

The extra long wheelbase Vito is actually shorter than the lwb Transit it's the extra length under the seats that make it so good, full bulkhead and still get 3m beads straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.