Best product for concrete

Ukcat

Hi hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a concrete hearth which is about 25 to 40mm below floor level. I want raise the level up so it's flush with the boards. (See attached pic) My plan was to wet the cinc and then brush in a cement slurry followed by a 4.1 sharp sand and cement mix. And float the top to get a nice smooth hard surface suitable for tiling. Just wondered if this is the best approach here or if it's should be done differently. Any advice is very welcome cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_114104_032.jpg
    IMG_20240419_114104_032.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240419_114113_364.jpg
    IMG_20240419_114113_364.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21
Don't use a cement grout on the concrete ,that idea died out about 40 years ago. The grout dries out quicker then the screed leaving the screed hollow. Just wet the concrete the lay the screed. 3 parts sand 1 part cement.

Hi hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a concrete hearth which is about 25 to 40mm below floor level. I want raise the level up so it's flush with the boards. (See attached pic) My plan was to wet the cinc and then brush in a cement slurry followed by a 4.1 sharp sand and cement mix. And float the top to get a nice smooth hard surface suitable for tiling. Just wondered if this is the best approach here or if it's should be done differently. Any advice is very welcome cheers
You were given advice before, good advice at that ! I do loads of these mate. Just stop fretting about on a pissy wee F*****g thing !!! Be the man mate and just do the F*****g job !!!!!!
No thanks required . :)