attic rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
when plastering attic rooms with 130 angles is it best to use curved corners at top of ceiling and regular corners were the ceiling meet the walls. cheers for info

I always form a curve with bonding and skim The ceiling lines never come out straight if you meet them up.I'll ask the customer what they'd prefer though 9 times out of 10 its curved.It's much easier too first hit and the rooms almost done! Straight along the wall line though.

sorry lads just a little tip ive tried using channel on the opposing splayed angle to work into but the angle isn't too sharp because no matter how hard you try i cant get enought pressure on the toe of the trowel to get a sharp finish so what i reckon i'll be doing in the future is skimming the ceiling as norm and marking the joists then setting up some channel and putting a slither of tape jointing compound along the angle, working it tight into the angle..................who knows it might work ;D

skim it as normal trying to get it as neat as poss but you need to remember by marking the joists on one side of the angle so you can fix some metal track/channel/perimeter or anything metal to one side of the angle
when it's gone off run some tape jointing solution tight into the angle take the metal off and sand it down, ive tried it with skimming and always end up with a ridge t/jointing compound is the only way forward i reckon ............or just curve the bas*ard thing :)

ahh yeah i know what you me. i find the best way to achieve this angle, is to get it straight as possible with trowel, then tidy the corner up with a paint brush and water, then use the trowel again

then run some metal just off the join and use tape jointing compound to tidy it up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.