anyone used fairy liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey07

when mixing up render,ive thought about doing it on the final coat,i know a lot of brickies do it but what do you guys think about it on the rendering?

only use fairy liquid for washing dishes.....never in mortar,febmix admix only stuff to use.case studies have shown that washing up liquid reduce the strength and structure of cement causing mortars to fail and become weak

gilesy said:
only use fairy liquid for washing dishes.....never in mortar,febmix admix only stuff to use.case studies have shown that washing up liquid reduce the strength and structure of cement causing mortars to fail and become weak
brickies have been doing it for donkeys years though...

Used to use it all the time up until about fifteen years ago and never had any problems but we only used a tiny drop in each mix, I've seen others both brickies and spreads banging loads in which can't be good. Mind you how many people use Febmix at the correct dose? Not many I'd guess.

essexandy said:
Used to use it all the time up until about fifteen years ago and never had any problems but we only used a tiny drop in each mix, I've seen others both brickies and spreads banging loads in which can't be good. Mind you how many people use Febmix at the correct dose? Not many I'd guess.

i takes the febmix neat

My second day labouring i was giving a new bottle of fairy 20 tonne of sand and tonne of cement and told to get stuck in , i done the bottle of fairy by midday , should of seen the spreads faces when i asked for another bottle

church said:
My second day labouring i was giving a new bottle of fairy 20 tonne of sand and tonne of cement and told to get stuck in , i done the bottle of fairy by midday , should of seen the spreads faces when i asked for another bottle

Still the hod felt lighter loaded with that gear 8)

Bruce Willis said:
Plus I bet it smelt great!

Worked on a job many years ago where to test if we were using fairy the site agent would come in and wipe a finger over a wall rendered the day before and then lick it to see if it tasted of fairy, anyway one day he comes and does his usual finger thing and I say "oh yeah that reminds me can we please have a sheet to put over the sand as every cat in Essex is sh iting in it" ;D , he never bothered us again 8)

essexandy said:
Bruce Willis said:
Plus I bet it smelt great!

Worked on a job many years ago where to test if we were using fairy the site agent would come in and wipe a finger over a wall rendered the day before and then lick it to see if it tasted of fairy, anyway one day he comes and does his usual finger thing and I say "oh yeah that reminds me can we please have a sheet to put over the sand as every cat in Essex is sh iting in it" ;D , he never bothered us again 8)

:D :D :D

we used it all the time years ago because builders would never supply feb, but the main thing if your going to use it, only add a couple of drops and dont let the mix stir for to long as it will end up full of air andf thats whats weakens the mix, the same thing can happen with any admix , to much air and the mix is weak, end off

essexandy said:
church said:
old school rules ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D happy days, fun but earning money ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think those days are gone forever, well for me anyway :'(
[/quote

And me, but when you think back its still as funny as f ook

church said:
essexandy said:
church said:
old school rules ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D happy days, fun but earning money ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think those days are gone forever, well for me anyway :'(
[/quote

And me, but when you think back its still as funny as f ook

how long ago are you talking??

I have never seem anyone mesaure out feb properly its always a couple of caps in the mixer

the fella i work with is always telling stories, and it seemed the lads used to get to work early cus they had that much of a laugh.

Early 80s , different times than today , just seemed more fun less pressure more of a laugh , same prices as today tho ;D

church said:
Early 80s , different times than today , just seemed more fun less pressure more of a laugh , same prices as today tho ;D

Spot on Church, we used to have site sports days, fights with brickies labourers and roof tilers lads for leaving my sand dirty or nicking my bucket, races up to the top of the scaffold on the outside and generally just taking the piss and laughing all day. Of course none of the above may be quite accurate but that's how I remember it.

i done 2 rendering jobs last summer my mix was 3:1 scratch...4:1 float with a shovel of lime chucked in,retarder/waterproofer,now i might drop in a little bit of fairy liquid for a bit of extra workablity....what do you reckon of that mix?

is a drop of fairy going to make much difference? why not use feb which is designed for the job.

we use to have those races on skafold in 80 s once raced up a five storey hotel on the outside u be locked up if u done that today

steve cov said:
is a drop of fairy going to make much difference? why not use feb which is designed for the job.

Inside work is tottally different from outside work , you can slap any old stuff inside but outside there is a big difference in terms of longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.