alright guys. can you help?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigt

im looking for some advice. im a general builder on a firm, alot of it is generally plaster patching, general taping. i wasnt doing a bad job so i decided to take on private jobs here and there skimming mostly. i wanted to improve my skills but the company i work for have no interest in investing in courses.i moved up to glasgow from london 4 years ago and wondered if there is any other local plasterers from glasgow on the forum. im kinda self taught with regards to plastering. can anyone recommend any good local courses.my phone is quite constant with jobs, so i must be doing something right but i want to correct my faults. my missus says im too hard on myself.im yet to do a job that im 100% happy with.

ive helped guys out in the past for some pointers,but they have just ended up cutting corners and getting the money.i wanna be able to leave a first class job.

any help or advice i would really appreciate it.

cheers guys.
tony  [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Hi there,
im similar to you in that i moved up to Glasgow probably 2 years ago although I have been plastering for quite some time I don't mind helping you but a bit short on the old work front at the mo. Work thats worthwhie doing any how.
You busy?

if you know the basics of skimming , plasterboarding putting beads up etc all you need is the practice mate ..........if you shell out on a course you wont learn anything new this is all they teach ....good luck mate

good luck in your quest everyone starts from scratch just remember only put on what your comfortable with dont go blazing metre after metre on then finf youve come stuck. have you got an angle trowel that will help you no ends .

Hi m8 i,m from irvine and if youre doing okay just concentrate on youre weak points and bring them up to scratch, forget the courses i hate them, i,m 38 been plastering since 15 years old past 1 year been a gaffer with a maintenance co but still work at weekends, i,ve seen and paid off plenty of them course boys, point is practice makes perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.