advice plz

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat boy skim

I've been asked to do a terolean job but its to go over painted render.the render was done to a poor finish is it ok to apply straight over or do i need to prime/seal it first.

you need to create some suction from somewhere, guessing that the paint is a decent masonry type that will work against you with tyrolean.

church said:
you need to create some suction from somewhere, guessing that the paint is a decent masonry type that will work against you with tyrolean.
cheers, how do i get a suction then ???

dont know for sure ive never been over paint with tyrolean , a sbr and cement slurry would create a certain ammount of suction if you left it a day or two but you wouldnt have any key , maybe give it a second slurry with some sand in ??? but im guessing now .

The only advice id give here is steer well clear if theres no suction its going to run and look crap, sounds like a it could be a lot of work for little return tbh

sbr cement slurry. possibly a bit of sand for key. youll probably have to leave it about an hour between coats of tyrolean though. stil do able in a day or 2 depending on size.

madmonk said:
would highbuild not work not too sure at least its some sort of texture
i did think that but what sort of texture does it give

Status
Not open for further replies.