admixtures

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
what are the best waterproofers & plastercisers on the market...... i swear i posted this earlier.

stay away from sika ive had nowt but problems, i like feb, has any1 tryed concentrated waterproofer b4

i don't normally use waterproofer, but today the builder i'm working for insisted and gave me a tub of wickes, instructions said to mix with water 30/1. i thought you had to measure it against the cement, if the sands wet your mix would be off wouldn't it?

Cementone is good gear but you can get a similar waterproofer from wickes for £3.42... Can you still get sovereign church? havent seen it for years we always used sovereign top quality plus they give you a guarantee.

claw75 said:
cementone for me does the job and reasonable price. (.whats the best price for sovereign. church ;))

Sorry mate havent bought any for years , i get it sort of free off a mate but i will find out how much his firm pay for it for you .

bodplasterer said:
Cementone is good gear but you can get a similar waterproofer from wickes for £3.42... Can you still get sovereign church? havent seen it for years we always used sovereign top quality plus they give you a guarantee.

Yes mate been using it today

I used to drink with the Essex Sovereign rep and he told me that there were only three company's in the country that made all the admixtures and that they just put different colours in the different companies tubs. Of course he could have been talking bo@@acks as beer does have that effect on people ;D

i just found some feb waterproofer/retarder rendermix in the cuboard.... whats the deal with retarder?

also it say's 150ml-500ml to 25kg of cement..... does any1 know what that is in ml's of waterproofer to water ratio. cheers

Bought a 25ltr of sov gear at beginning of year and still half full , can't remember what i paid for , but i have some contact details for some sov reps will pm em to any one that wants em

SkyZOO said:
i just found some feb waterproofer/retarder rendermix in the cuboard.... whats the deal with retarder?

also it say's 150ml-500ml to 25kg of cement..... does any1 know what that is in ml's of waterproofer to water ratio. cheers

Are you sure it says 150ml-500ml to 25kg I thought FEB was 250ml to 500ml............anyway if it gives a ratio of ml to kg then thats how you should do it, if it says 30:1 with gaugeing water then thats how you should do.
I prefer the ones that give a ml:kg ratio for the reason mentioned elsewhere of if you are are using wetter sand it throws the mix all over the place.

church said:
claw75 said:
cementone for me does the job and reasonable price. (.whats the best price for sovereign. church ;))

Sorry mate havent bought any for years , i get it sort of free off a mate but i will find out how much his firm pay for it for you .
cheers i'll keep my eyes out for the post. like going to builders merchants and telling them what i should be paying for materials..

claw75 said:
church said:
claw75 said:

cheers i'll keep my eyes out for the post. like going to builders merchants and telling them what i should be paying for materials..

29.99 plus vat for 25 ltrs from soverign direct

Usually use cementone integral plast and waterproofer...good stuff, but wickes is good as well and alot cheaper!

church said:
claw75 said:
church said:
claw75 said:

29.99 plus vat for 25 ltrs from soverign direct
nice one. i''ll see if me man at travis can beat it... doubt it though.

warriorupnorth said:
Bought a 25ltr of sov gear at beginning of year and still half full , can't remember what i paid for , but i have some contact details for some sov reps will pm em to any one that wants em
warrior i'll have the contact details if thats ok. always handy. thanks.

had a call from a sika rep today .... he admitted that they forgot to put a chemical in their admix and have given me a new batch foc to try

Status
Not open for further replies.