A stairwell to float and set..

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be a nice job to do mate,something a little out of the ordinary.:RpS_thumbup:

Plastic arch bead I would think, you would have to give the flat seamless side a cut here and there though. I think that would work, how would you do it @superspread

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic arch bead I would think, you would have to give the flat seamless side a cut here and there though. I think that would work, how would you do it @superspread
Like you possibly arch bead or plastic render bead ,bit like johniosaif Id suss it out when I got there,I've done similar with 3mm ply so that would be another option

10mm Plastic drip bead cut on the fixing edge every 100mm would work perfectly for float and set on that im sure.
But then your going over at least 20mm of flat smooth plastic , then cutting every 100mm you wouldn't get a true sweep (IMO) not sure I'd go that route,

But then your going over at least 20mm of flat smooth plastic , then cutting every 100mm you wouldn't get a true sweep (IMO) not sure I'd go that route,

I dont think you understand and its difficult to explain.
You dont cut the bead into 100mm sections if that is what you are thinking, just the fixing edge.
The bead will then bend and sweep following the shape required.
With the bead being bellcast/drip at 10mm thick you end up with just an edge of bead showing as though it is a corner bead.
I dont understand the 20mm part you mentioned.

I dont think you understand and its difficult to explain.
You dont cut the bead into 100mm sections if that is what you are thinking, just the fixing edge.
The bead will then bend and sweep following the shape required.
With the bead being bellcast/drip at 10mm thick you end up with just an edge of bead showing as though it is a corner bead.
I dont understand the 20mm part you mentioned.
Are you talking drip bead or stop bead

It will be eml'd by the time I get there..

i would not eml but would have used british gypsums glassrok f. i would have used plastic arch beads for the external. i would have been on my way home before you have got the setting coat on!

i would not eml but would have used british gypsums glassrok f. i would have used plastic arch beads for the external. i would have been on my way home before you have got the setting coat on!
Old fashioned I be, float one day set the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.