93 Skim beads

Status
Not open for further replies.

del

Looked at a job yesterday, big reskim, can't decide weather too spend a day just beading, or do it as i go along. All beads will be stuck up using finish, Been trying to think how long it will take too put 93 beads up. Idea being that once they are up, just have to pva the walls then, and away we go......What do you reckon is the best plan of attack gentlemen ?

up to you mate if you do go for the beading try using some cheap silicon to stick the beads

Whatever type of job I'm doing I like to bead right through before starting spreading, I find it quicker in the long run rather than stoping and starting. I beaded a whole house out earlier in the year that took three and a half days :eek:

essexandy said:
Whatever type of job I'm doing I like to bead right through before starting spreading, I find it quicker in the long run rather than stoping and starting. I beaded a whole house out earlier in the year that took three and a half days :eek:
surprising andy aint it and we dont get paid for it

spunky said:
essexandy said:
Whatever type of job I'm doing I like to bead right through before starting spreading, I find it quicker in the long run rather than stopping and starting. I beaded a whole house out earlier in the year that took three and a half days :eek:
surprising andy aint it and we dont get paid for it

On housing site work it's always just been part of what we do for the metreage rate just like wiring the plates and cleaning the lecy boxes.

spend the first morning beading, then start skimming. you have plenty of time to keep ahead of yourself between sets because half a day you spent first will give you plenty of area. the thing is, you dont get paid to bead most of the time so do it when your waiting between trowels

Cheers boys for replies,....ganna bead 2 rooms tomorrow and pva, then start, then do as napper said. Should have worked this one out for myself :-\ .....Got head up arse at the mo :)

Hi Del i do it as i go, its a time and motion thing try and keep in one area and finish it and then move on, thinkof the amount of walking you are doing just to bead it out then youve got to do it again to plaster it.
Lucius

I used to nail all my beads but after working with a spread who dabbed all his I adopted his method. Now I do it as I go with left over gear while I trowel up.

If I am floating I ll mix a bucket of skim or dabbing and bead a whole room before I start.

The only restriction i have found with doing them as you go is if the walls are'nt plumb you just wack um up to what is there making your work look out and they always blame the last person :(

Status
Not open for further replies.