1930s terraced house

carlsbergy

Morning, I am new to the forum and would appreciate some advice please.

My partner has a 1930s terraced house with no cavity wall. The front render is cracking (hairline cracks) between the top and bottom windows which is a curved so could be repaired separately.

She does not want to strip it all off at this time due to financial constraints but will do in the future. What would be the best method of repair please? I was considering using a Baumit products and a mesh to hold all together, but unsure which to use, if these are the best to use?

I have previously insulated my house (no cavity) internally with fibre boards and used baumit breathable products to plaster on top.

Thanks in advance.

There will be no “cheap “ option I’m afraid, but it’s worth having a closer look at the crack underneath first , most of the time this points to structure issue which will need priority repair before rendering, if you go straight over it it will come back through.

Proper job = Hack it all off and do a Tyrolene gun job £££
Inferior job = fill cracks and paint over it ££

Photos attached

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6634.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6634.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 153
  • thumbnail_IMG_6635.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6635.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 142
  • thumbnail_IMG_6636.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6636.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 148
Forget tyrolene gun suggestion
Looks like water getting behind in through those old tiles style window sill
Caulk it, paint it, bodge it, until you can afford to hack off and re do and sort tiles

Thanks, and when my partner does decide to do it properly, which products/method would you suggest please , bearing in mind there is no cavity. Thanks

Sand & cement job imo
roofing felt, then expanded metal lathing or mesh into the scratch coat (Look at what @Rigsby said on thread about sand and cement on OSB board)
Sort out top tiles if they are a water ingress issue?

Last edited: