Price per sq.m walls & ceilings on plasterboard?

DustyBin87

Hi everyone,

can anyone give me an idea on the cost per Sq.m on plastering onto plasterboard walls & ceilings? With and/or without materials, 2 coats.

Got a big job to quote and just one of the ceilings is 72 Sq.m.

Any help would be amazing. Thanks

Hi everyone,

can anyone give me an idea on the cost per Sq.m on plastering onto plasterboard walls & ceilings? With and/or without materials, 2 coats.

£1080 Labour only / minimum.

I've done a 75sqm ceiling as a rolling gauge on my own and that was off a tower.
For the record @algeeman is a horrible rough c**t.
must of been some graft with them rolling gauges,never did rolling gauges there was always 3 of us when I was an apprentice and when I passed ,if I had a ceiling that big now it would be extra time or just think f**k that can’t be asked lol

must of been some graft with them rolling gauges,never did rolling gauges there was always 3 of us when I was an apprentice and when I passed ,if I had a ceiling that big now it would be extra time or just think f**k that can’t be asked lol
At one time basically all skimming was a rolling gauge of sorts. No one mixed up big bucketfuls of plaster, in fact I didn't ever see a big bucket on site in the early years.
You mixed up regular small quantities in a builders bucket or similar (Artex sealer buckets were a favourite) and were always using fresh gear.
Put two walls on, lay the first one in. Put another wall on and lay the other one in, drop back to flatten the first and so on and so on. No one was putting massive gauges on before laying in.

At one time basically all skimming was a rolling gauge of sorts. No one mixed up big bucketfuls of plaster, in fact I didn't ever see a big bucket on site in the early years.
You mixed up regular small quantities in a builders bucket or similar (Artex sealer buckets were a favourite) and were always using fresh gear.
Put two walls on, lay the first one in. Put another wall on and lay the other one in, drop back to flatten the first and so on and so on. No one was putting massive gauges on before laying in.
Oh ok I get ya I mean I started as an apprentice in 2000 knocking up builders buckets with a podger for an old bloke named Arthur good spread but was 60 and ready to retire so obviously I was knocking up rolling gauges for him and didn’t even know it lol,when I got moved with the other gang the 2 spreads and the bucket they used never seen before you could knock up about 3 and half bags in it

Yes that's exactly how it was done with a spot board . Now it's 3 bag bins with stilts and benches fookin shite way but I've had to move with the times unfortunately and the wank prices .

We had one bag buckets the large paint ones .fresh gear every time washed out after every mix . Bring them days back I say and s**t loads of floating it's garbage today's systems a fookin cretin can dab n skim that's why there's shite prices . RANT OVER .

We had one bag buckets the large paint ones .fresh gear every time washed out after every mix . Bring them days back I say and s**t loads of floating it's garbage today's systems a fookin cretin can dab n skim that's why there's shite prices . RANT OVER .
When we had the forum visit to BG their young bod said they wanted to revert the trade back towards float and set (less waste). I laughed and told him there's absolutely zero chance of there being enough modern spreads able to float and set to a reasonable standard to get the work done. He couldn't see it, that'll be because he was out of uni and clueless about the trade.

When we had the forum visit to BG their young bod said they wanted to revert the trade back towards float and set (less waste). I laughed and told him there's absolutely zero chance of there being enough modern spreads able to float and set to a reasonable standard to get the work done. He couldn't see it, that'll be because he was out of uni and clueless about the trade.
There all fookin clueless unless you've been brought up in the game as a school leaver started at the bottom and served your time with proper old school spreads. Especially dickhead site agents there the biggest fukwits on the planet

There all fookin clueless unless you've been brought up in the game as a school leaver started at the bottom and served your time with proper old school spreads. Especially dickhead site agents there the biggest fukwits on the planet
Totally different world, I started my time in 1983 with a small building firm. There was 4 plasterers there ages were 66,58,50 and 21, so you can imagine the wealth of knowledge and skills available, it was very old school so all aspects of the trade were taught.
Frankly college was a joke, it was just there to get your C&G.
Back in the day it wasn't unusual to meet guys who started out as plasterers labourers and ended up on the trowel and a lot of them were very good.
Now it's utterly f**k*d up, skills and knowledge sacrificed on the alter of greed.

Pussies

Totally different world, I started my time in 1983 with a small building firm. There was 4 plasterers there ages were 66,58,50 and 21, so you can imagine the wealth of knowledge and skills available, it was very old school so all aspects of the trade were taught.
Frankly college was a joke, it was just there to get your C&G.
Back in the day it wasn't unusual to meet guys who started out as plasterers labourers and ended up on the trowel and a lot of them were very good.
Now it's utterly f**k*d up, skills and knowledge sacrificed on the alter of greed.
Definitely there was a gang of 4 the other day all aged between 30 to 35 year old. They watched in amazement as I floated few walls out where it was to tight to dab them because of the casings . These 4 plantpots had never seen a Darby ffs . Ha ha

Hi everyone,

Dusty we can help but can't be specific on m2 rate but hopefully you can do the simple calculation. As you know customers may read the forum. So UK average for plasterers for an 8 hour day is a £350 per day (self employed) not subcontractor. So work out how many metres you can do in a day and then divide this by £350- £400. Wolla your m2 price. Hope this helps.

Definitely there was a gang of 4 the other day all aged between 30 to 35 year old. They watched in amazement as I floated few walls out where it was to tight to dab them because of the casings . These 4 plantpots had never seen a Darby ffs . Ha ha

Could you not have dabbed then brought the liners out...5 min job for a chippy.

Sounds like a proper head scratcher mate can see them all standing there thinking what the f**k we gonna do...go home?

Head Scratch What GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

Could you not have dabbed then brought the liners out...5 min job for a chippy.

Sounds like a proper head scratcher mate can see them all standing there thinking what the f**k we gonna do...go home?

Head Scratch What GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show
No because the was hardwood casings and the blockwork was pissed to fook leaving about 8mm down one leg of it so the skirting would be proud

Dusty we can help but can't be specific on m2 rate but hopefully you can do the simple calculation. As you know customers may read the forum. So UK average for plasterers for an 8 hour day is a £350 per day (self employed) not subcontractor. So work out how many metres you can do in a day and then divide this by £350- £400. Wolla your m2 price. Hope this helps.
Not that old bullshit again ffs £400 a day average fook of pal

Never seen a f**k**g darby, that's f**k**g shocking, they'd probably think devil float was some kind of brand that supplies the latest super-dooper wonder trowel.
I'm a capitalist at heart but greed disgusts me, the idea that the priority is for the shareholders dividend before the quality of the product is what has devalued skilled trades in this country.
If it was down to me I bring back proper trade schools, give non academic kids something to aim for.

Never seen a f**k**g darby, that's f**k**g shocking, they'd probably think devil float was some kind of brand that supplies the latest super-dooper wonder trowel.
I'm a capitalist at heart but greed disgusts me, the idea that the priority is for the shareholders dividend before the quality of the product is what has devalued skilled trades in this country.
If it was down to me I bring back proper trade schools, give non academic kids something to aim for.
If it was down to me I'd bring back national service for all these little coke head c**ts scratching there b*ll***s in bed all day.

Dusty we can help but can't be specific on m2 rate but hopefully you can do the simple calculation. As you know customers may read the forum. So UK average for plasterers for an 8 hour day is a £350 per day (self employed) not subcontractor. So work out how many metres you can do in a day and then divide this by £350- £400. Wolla your m2 price. Hope this help.
Hope you pre booked an ambulance for @essexandy :LOL:

Probably because you could have dabbed a 6mm contour on it grandad! :love:

If it was down to me I'd bring back national service for all these little coke head c**ts scratching there b*ll***s in bed all day.
I don't disagree, the problem is the armed forces don't want to be the dumping ground for our failed youth. Its a crime that kids these days are products of failed kids of the past. Our rank rotten education system and a society that values nothing of any real substance doesn't help.
We'll probably have to have a non nuclear war to reset society as a whole.