You've got to see these toolboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawn_zps536cac0b.gif

You're not being forced to read this thread. Show some respect will you?

I see that some of you need to grow up. How insulting. I have my values. I would never insult someone in such a way.

Don't take it to heart mate, it's just banter. I think.

Banter is banter between people/members you know. I consider it insulting to receive a comment like that from someone who has never been involved in any discussions I've had. Mutual respect is important. Some people need to think before they post.

grow up we all have banter on here, you want to get back to topic.....yes we have all seen the boxes and they are very nice i would like to have some myself, can i be arsed to spend alot of money on the boxes then spend a day farking about cutting holes out.............no.
there you go.
dnt take things to heart or you wnt last long on here, if you cnt take a bit of baiting on here what are you like on site

I think the box is great i would have one tomorrow, fair enough i would need a bigger box for my trowel LOL Honestly i think its a great idea and if you had one maybe we would keep our tools that bit cleaner, but you can still but them in scruffy and they wont get niks. At the moment i use 2 20" trowels ones broke in that ive had for a few years and the other is not so broke in but is a lot flatter, ive got a plastic that i need a handle for, a twitcher, a smaller trowel for bits i cant reach with my other trowel, a bucket trowel , a guager, spat, eze spat + 2 blades, a fleat scrapper and a margin trowel also a float so if i had a box like this i would use it and i wouldnt lose half my ****, my trowels rivets might not have popped and i wouldnt have as many niks. Also my dabbing trowel lol Now Ryan if you was to make this coz youve got a shop i would test it for you. I was also thinking of a change in design, what i would do is have my hand board say lieing flat on a thin piece of sponge then a thicker piece over the top with a hole in the middle and a hole on the opposite side for the rest of the handle. slots for all them trowels i mentioned but in order of importance so they fit, we might have to leave something out like the dabbing trowel. I was also thinking we could call it the flynnyman and not to cause any arguements we will also make another box that fits a sweeping brush head but different slots for stiffer brushes and maybe like a telescopic handle and call it the spunky ;P well just a thought :)

I think the box is great i would have one tomorrow, fair enough i would need a bigger box for my trowel LOL Honestly i think its a great idea and if you had one maybe we would keep our tools that bit cleaner, but to honest you can still but them in scruffy and they wont get niks. At the moment i use 2 20" trowels ones broke in that ive had for a few years and the other is not so broke in but is a lot flatter, ive got a plastic that i need a handle for, a twitcher, a smaller trowel for bits i cant reach with my other trowel, a bucket trowel , a guager, spat, eze spat + 2 blades, a fleat scrapper and a margin trowel also a float so if i had a box like this i would use it and i wouldnt lose half my ****, my trowels rivets might not have popped and i wouldnt have as many niks. Also my dabbing trowel lol Now Ryan if you was to make this coz youve got a shop i would test it for you. I was also thinking of a change in design, what i would do is have my hand board say lieing flat on a thin piece of sponge then a thicker piece over the top with a hole in the middle and a hole on the opposite side for the rest of the handle. slots for all them trowels i mentioned but in order of importance so they fit, we might have to leave something out like the dabbing trowel. I was also thinking we could call it the flynnyman and not to cause any arguements we will also make another box that fits a sweeping brush head but different slots for stiffer brushes and maybe like a telescopic handle and call it the spunky ;P well just a thought :)

Thank you flynnyman. You're comments are appreciated.

The guy that designed the box left his bucket trowel and dabbing trowel in his mixing bucket. I see that you can appreciate that he also considered those tools not important enough to require protection :RpS_biggrin:

grow up we all have banter on here, you want to get back to topic.....yes we have all seen the boxes and they are very nice i would like to have some myself, can i be arsed to spend alot of money on the boxes then spend a day farking about cutting holes out.............no.
there you go.
dnt take things to heart or you wnt last long on here, if you cnt take a bit of baiting on here what are you like on site

Fair enough, but if I make a comment that seems to have upset someone, at least I have the decency to apologise and try to resolve our differences.

all my trowels have sleves that i made for them they then go into a box and into a marshalltown bag none of them get ruined, i have about 11 or 12 trowels of assorted sizes and materials i.e stainless steel, steel and plastic, 2 small tools, selection of filling knifes for those akward areas and internals, none of them get ruined. the box is a nice idea but its expensive and bulky

Fair enough, but if I make a comment that seems to have upset someone, at least I have the decency to apologise and try to resolve our differences.

i cnt see how you could have got upset by any coments made in this post.

I think when things got a bit sticky it was the Kleenex comment that caused offence :rolleyes)

Banter is banter between people/members you know. I consider it insulting to receive a comment like that from someone who has never been involved in any discussions I've had. Mutual respect is important. Some people need to think before they post.
better get used to it minh,but i am suprised you are offended by a bit cheek/banter, anybody who works in the building trade and i am talking all trades ,its just the way it is

My box has arrived

One marvel of the age we live in is that you can order something from the comfort of your home and it'll arrive the next day. I managed to find a Festool box of the same specification with the assistance of TonyM.

After unpackaging the box, I could immediately appreciate that the box was well constructed. The colour scheme is consistent with all boxes made by Festool: their brand colour is ivory and green. If you don't like the colour scheme, there is a company called Tanos that makes them in different colours but you don't get "Festool" embossed on the outside (whether that really matters or not).

There is one downside to this box, from the photo shown below, you will notice that the inside of the box has many ridges and supports. The profile is also not perfectly rectangular as there are many subtle recesses. This will consequently make cutting the insert more difficult. Therefore, you may decide that it is easier to choose a box that is easier to work with, but for the purposes of this experiment I shall continue with what I have.

Hopefully the foam will arrive today as well :RpS_biggrin:

empty_box.jpeg

jesus this is boring!!!

and just to add you didnt even skim the ceiling on the photos as there painted mdf so all in all youve posted a pic of 2 skimmed walls a full bags worth jeeeeee wizzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

just make your boxs advertise them and leave us in peace

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

zombie:rolleyes)

jesus this is boring!!!

and just to add you didnt even skim the ceiling on the photos as there painted mdf so all in all youve posted a pic of 2 skimmed walls a full bags worth jeeeeee wizzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

just make your boxs advertise them and leave us in peace

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

zombie:rolleyes)

Some members might appreciate this thread. Why do you keep coming back for more? :RpS_confused:

It has to be said Minh that you are in fact just a tiny bit sensitive to be on a plasterers forum. I'm sure there's a knitting forum that would appreciate a festool box to keep all their needles in!!!!!!!

Just joking.......lighten up a bit and you will have a good laugh on here!!!!!!

It has to be said Minh that you are in fact just a tiny bit sensitive to be on a plasterers forum. I'm sure there's a knitting forum that would appreciate a festool box to keep all their needles in!!!!!!!

Just joking.......lighten up a bit and you will have a good laugh on here!!!!!!

Mike, to be honest, I've never had any problems with you :)

You're not being forced to read this thread. Show some respect will you?
I see that some of you need to grow up. How insulting. I have my values. I would never insult someone in such a way.
Minh, if the yawning smiley insulted you then that is unfortunate, if, as you said in another thread that you had been reading loads on here before your first post, I would have thought you would have realised some thick skin would have been benificial,but if you are easily offended I shall tread carefully round your future posts....... Kindest regards, fatarm....

Minh, if the yawning smiley insulted you then that is unfortunate, if, as you said in another thread that you had been reading loads on here before your first post, I would have thought you would have realised some thick skin would have been benificial,but if you are easily offended I shall tread carefully round your future posts....... Kindest regards, fatarm....

I never said I was insulted by your post. I used the word respect :)

When I read old posts, the banter was between people who knew each other. When someone comes out of the blue with such a message, then that's what I consider an insult.

Ming you need to man up! Stop wearing pink Lycra on the ice. Stop wearing arseless chaps for yoga and most of all stop talking about foam in a box!

Ming you need to man up! Stop wearing pink Lycra on the ice. Stop wearing arseless chaps for yoga and most of all stop talking about foam in a box!

You haven't seen my body yet: don't want to show you incase you get turned on.

Don't tell me. Your in a relationship with your milkman?!

My girl likes milk in her tea. I last time I saw a milkman was when I was a kid. You should get out more Rossi. Breathe the fresh air and buy your own milk. You'll be surprised what the world has to offer. You might even meet a hot chick :RpS_thumbsup:

My girl likes milk in her tea. I last time I saw a milkman was when I was a kid. You should get out more Rossi. Breathe the fresh air and buy your own milk. You'll be surprised what the world has to offer. You might even meet a hot chick :RpS_thumbsup:

Hahaha you've blown em!

Introducing the Flynnyman

I hereby name my first toolbox the Flynnyman, in honour of our esteemed moderator. It took 3 hours to make and comfortably houses my collection of 11", 14" x2, 16", 18" and 20" trowels :RpS_biggrin:

flynnyman.jpeg

Last edited:
I hereby name my first toolbox the Flynnyman, in honour of our esteemed moderator. It took 3 hours to make and comfortably houses my collection of 11", 14" x2, 16", 18" and 20" trowels :RpS_biggrin:

flynnyman.jpeg
Thats a nice collection of tools.Do you use them??

Status
Not open for further replies.