Your best Job Of 2018

Members online

Bout as fancy as it got for us

Attachments

• 15444441433816696696476976041199.jpg
    15444441433816696696476976041199.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 172
Would never bother me for someone (who knows what they’re talking about) to pull me up on something if it means I’ve learned something new.

If we stopped posting work because we’re scared of a bit of criticism then we scupper the whole point of the forum!

Would never bother me for someone (who knows what they’re talking about) to pull me up on something if it means I’ve learned something new.

If we stopped posting work because we’re scared of a bit of criticism then we scupper the whole point of the forum!

People who know what they’re doing don’t pull people up. They wait until they’re asked, then tell you you’re wrong.

People who go out of their way to tell people they’re wrong, are usually delusional wannabes.

People who know what they’re doing don’t pull people up. They wait until they’re asked, then tell you you’re wrong.

People who go out of their way to tell people they’re wrong, are usually delusional wannabes.

Interesting and I agree a bit. But some people are just trying to be helpful .... and believe me I know, I’m incredibly practiced at patience since random people frequently tell me what I should be buying in wickes, or ask if I use pva or do I know to two coat :rolleyes:

Random weirdos who see me with a trolley and assume I don’t know what I’m doing and I must need their help . I am practiced in smiling to overcome stabbing lol!

Interesting and I agree a bit. But some people are just trying to be helpful .... and believe me I know, I’m incredibly practiced at patience since random people frequently tell me what I should be buying in wickes, or ask if I use pva or do I know to two coat :rolleyes:

Random weirdos who see me with a trolley and assume I don’t know what I’m doing and I must need their help . I am practiced in smiling to overcome stabbing lol!

Lol. I can imagine it’s frustrating.

That’s just speaking from personal experience. I find its the ones you have to make an effort to ask are worth listening to. rather than the ones who push advice

Ok I shut up now

That's boil my piss! I've had similar in CTD tiles buying bits, looked at like scum by some tiler as he could see I was a plasterer (name all over t shirt and van), they try to trip you up asking shite! Who the f**k does that though? I wouldn't dream of speaking to someone like that, so pathetic, it's usually the ones who know very little and you get them in all walks of life! The same pricks who ask for your card in Wickes carpark just to tell you they are stacked out with work for the next decade and you never hear from them! Funny how everyones always busy.. delusional wankers

That's boil my piss! I've had similar in CTD tiles buying bits, looked at like scum by some tiler as he could see I was a plasterer (name all over t shirt and van), they try to trip you up asking shite! Who the f**k does that though? I wouldn't dream of speaking to someone like that, so pathetic, it's usually the ones who know very little and you get them in all walks of life! The same pricks who ask for your card in Wickes carpark just to tell you they are stacked out with work for the next decade and you never hear from them! Funny how everyones always busy.. delusional wankers
Yes mate! f**k**g spot on!!

scribing is one of those trade tricks that is sooo damn useful.... I was taught it by 2 chippies and the first one that showed me did it so quick that I had no idea what he did.... then it all clicked :D

scribing is one of those trade tricks that is sooo damn useful.... I was taught it by 2 chippies and the first one that showed me did it so quick that I had no idea what he did.... then it all clicked :D

It’s also easy as f**k not sure what the fuss is about .

Here’s a tip.

Get your scribe done first, before cuttig the length. That way, if you f**k the scribe up you can try again. When scribe is bang on, cut the length.

It can also be done with a multi tool much quicker

It was a loft conversion so is all new 8*2's overlapping on the central wall. Got paid and another loft conversion in April from the photos on customers Facebook. I agree with @Rossi46 was an ever so slightly niggle that I'll sort out but overall a very nice job and very happy people

If its an old house attic conversion, thats excellent. I thought you screeded it. Next time 200-250 a day to scribe them. f**k doing it on a normal linear price

Second hand they rarely come up but ones that have are £4000 ish mate , tbf think most on here could hand apply a good sized area but it’s took out that physical application completely, at 43 years old is exactly what I need mate
Still have to finish and clean up though as normal.

Flow screeds you’d probably find one very helpful to tbf as you do a good variety of different work than me , pre bagged slightly more costly but on big areas might be worth a look into too

Bit out of my reach for now but worth it in a few years. f**k all that throwing on plus be able to throw another man or 2 on the job get it done quicker.

Bit out of my reach for now but worth it in a few years. f**k all that throwing on plus be able to throw another man or 2 on the job get it done quicker.
Hopefully that’s plan mate , this is all I’m focused on now for 2019 , no more pissing around for me

Not 1 job all year that I've even wanted to turn around and look back at with any particular satisfaction.

All just the same s**t with s**t dead lines maybe at a push a couple of decent big silicone jobs and I suppose a couple of barn conversions that I'm sure now look great to look back at but clients and stress to complete killed any job satisfaction at the time.

Always amazes me on here the most boring no particular skill involved jobs that people seem to take photos of I haven't taken a photo in my life not sure if im jelous of them for being motivated and proud or just want to laugh at them!

Not 1 job all year that I've even wanted to turn around and look back at with any particular satisfaction.

All just the same s**t with s**t dead lines maybe at a push a couple of decent big silicone jobs and I suppose a couple of barn conversions that I'm sure now look great to look back at but clients and stress to complete killed any job satisfaction at the time.

Always amazes me on here the most boring no particular skill involved jobs that people seem to take photos of I haven't taken a photo in my life not sure if im jelous of them for being motivated and proud or just want to laugh at them!
Absolutely spot on with the pressure to finish always ruins it for me too. Can never be quick enough! Would be nice to slow down definitely. When people are asking when you’re going to be finished before you’ve even got a tool through the door just makes my blood boil. Chill out FFS!

Know what you mean. It all looks the same to me but I always take before n after pictures incase of any bullshitty customers

Absolutely spot on with the pressure to finish always ruins it for me too. Can never be quick enough! Would be nice to slow down definitely. When people are asking when you’re going to be finished before you’ve even got a tool through the door just makes my blood boil. Chill out FFS!

That’s why i like me domestics. No
Rush can take time .

That’s why i like me domestics. No
Rush can take time .
It’s domestic I’m talking about. Nobody has any patience anymore. Stress and OCD is all I seem to get. Builders always create some sort of pressure out of nowhere too. Just a bullshit reason to get you to hurry up.