You tube plasterers??

Members online

No members online now.

taylorhendersonplastering

question??
Is it possible to learn Plastering watching YouTube??
Had an interesting chat today with a bloke who seems to think you can learn the trade by watching you tube??
Any takers??

I managed it ............on a serious note I got asked to do some webber for first time .only a few square mtrs 3 floors up. I told em I.ve never done it so boss showed me on YouTube and told me to crack on lol

I think only way to learn is by doing it and having someone tweaking you as you go along...

I managed it ............on a serious note I got asked to do some webber for first time .only a few square mtrs 3 floors up. I told em I.ve never done it so boss showed me on YouTube and told me to crack on lol

I think only way to learn is by doing it and having someone tweaking you as you go along...
Lol I think if you are already an established plasterer in the trade for a good few years then looking at you tube to have a look at a system you are not familiar with is fair enough but surely watching you tube to teach yourself to be a plasterer is an insult to any bloke who has learnt the trade on the job from the bottom up????

Lol I think if you are already an established plasterer in the trade for a good few years then looking at you tube to have a look at a system you are not familiar with is fair enough but surely watching you tube to teach yourself to be a plasterer is an insult to any bloke who has learnt the trade on the job from the bottom up????
Then it's impossible

The thing with this game is . When you did your first wall you prob thought that's mint but then you get a eye for it. I.ve been back to some of my early work and its not great but they had me back cause a lot of the public dont know what to look for.......or I.m loads cheaper lol

Mate I've been plastering 20yrs and can't even use multifinish anymore so them you tubers are fookin welcome to it!

But he still used it. ;)

But he still used it. ;)
Lol no lets start again you said that people can watch you tube to teach their self plastering??
Yes you can get the basics but Plastering is a hands on trade and there are certain things that the internet can’t teach you..
As I said you are a good egg and I’m not slagging you off because I don’t personally know you and im not here to make enemies I’m here to be realistic and honest m8

Lol no lets start again you said that people can watch you tube to teach their self plastering??
Yes you can get the basics but Plastering is a hands on trade and there are certain things that the internet can’t teach you..
As I said you are a good egg and I’m not slagging you off because I don’t personally know you and im not here to make enemies I’m here to be realistic and honest m8

Did i ??

Screenshot_20180302-164347.jpg

not a hells chance could you learn it from youtube most on there are c**ts anyway

Just got my take off licence. Who's coming on holiday. We will watch a YouTube landing video on the way :whistle:

I use youtube to do stuff all the time :D

I use it to get myself familiar with the job in hand and watch it relentlessly so I know where stuff is. I did the head gasket on my kit car by watching youtube and I have been learning about bees and what not from it.

I am not sure I would do open heart surgery after watching yooutube but still

I use it to get myself familiar with the job in hand and watch it relentlessly so I know where stuff is. I did the head gasket on my kit car by watching youtube and I have been learning about bees and what not from it.

So it can make you a millionaire.
Wife once fixed washing machine n sorted Chromecast out from you tube

It's only plastering anyway I do it for the money. That's it tbh. (y) as u can see I don't take life to seriously

I.m more transformers . He man battle of planets. Ullesee. . Mostly like watching intro. Lad will sit n watch fragil rock

i watched some film about super heroes the other night......they bought superman back to life !!!
i felt all emotional but excited at the same time:birra:

i watched some film about super heroes the other night......they bought superman back to life !!!
i felt all emotional but excited at the same time:birra:
Once saw someone dressed as superman in que for plane pissed out his head . Could hardly walk. Airport security moved in and said sorry your to drunk to fly. He said I know that' why I.m getting on plane

Join the club mate f**k it I can’t be f**k*d anymore pissed off with the trade anyway been snowed off all week thinking about going shelve stacking in tescos!

when your off you realise how shite it is having to going back.
chasing the money again.
my partner has had me doing endless jobs around the house.
im sure she does it for the rows:mad:

Some lads have served YouTube apprenticeships. True. They turn up at a job and are never far from their phones incase things go wrong :loco:

Whaaaatttt!!............you can’t learn open heart surgery from utube?......fffs....
Anyone got a plaster???
“Shush now, it’ll be okay when I get that plaster on”......
“We’ll try something simpler next time”........