You know those bubbles..

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitznshiggles

...that you get if you get on flattening/trowelling too soon.

Well I did a wall yesteday, it was the upstairs landing, reskim on old plaster that i wba'd it for various reasons.

Anyways, so ive skimmed it, left it, cleaned up etc, come for a check and its all curing or virtually gone off, in some places i thought i had left it about 5mins too long judging by how much of a bitch it was to flatten.

When i finished i took the customery glance before thinking about getting sorted for mixing up 2nd load, but then i noticed there were slight bubbles in the surface.... the type you get if you get on to plaster too soon, when its still too wet, but this was virtually dry???

I was a little quicker with things on the second coat and it came out fine - see pic - but i still cant work out what happened.

Your comments please :eek:)

Attachments

• IMAG0271.jpg
    IMAG0271.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 290
You get them with too little suction too lol don't think you'll ever do anything to stop them mate

The bubbles were possibly where you had put more on slightly thicker.next time put it on like piss am sure it won't bubble

its good to see a handfull of comments that arent all saying the same thing - cos i was sure i hadnt done anything different to previous... i did lay on a little thick in places as was trying to take a kick out of the existing wall... maybe thats what it was.

thanks for comment - as always, theyre always welcome to a noob :eek:)

@beddy: yes mate - i did make a stiffer mix as it wasnt too big area and i wanted to be 2 coats n gone... thats a good point as i normally prefer a wetter mix as im a noob

Last edited:
Main thing is just to leave them for a while, i find it always happens over wba, just forget about them and crack on.

if they do stay and you cnt get rid of them then just put a sheet of newspaper over the bubbles obviously whilst the plaster is still wet trowel it on makeing it as flat as you can leave it for a bit peel it off and trowel it up, the paper would have sucked the moisture out and got rid of the bubbles.
be carefull what page you use though cos i did it once with page 3 in an old gals place once i was finished i showed her the finished article then realised the print of the page had come off and we was looking up at lucy 23 from coventry with her 32dd's out, think she saw the funny side of it though haha

If it had been the Daily Sport she might have seen the fan ny side as well:RpS_thumbup:

Anyhow, bubbles (or blisters) are all part of skimming - You will get to know how to deal with them the more experienced you become. Sometimes a dry trowel will take them out.

Last edited:
You get bubbles on everything at same point or other, I dunno why people worry about them, just make sure you give it that final last trowel when the plasters gone off, 15/20minutes after your usual last and they come out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.