Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Hi Chaps,

Buckled yet again to curiosity!!!

Just bought a 14" Refina plaziflex.!!!

Looked through some previous threads and people seem to be using maybe for wet trowel onwards only?

Curiously been working on job over xmas with couple of spreads who use them but funnily enough they only use them to quickly flatten 1st coat and again 2nd coat as soon as they put gear on whilst walls mega wet and don't use them again through the set ie finish with there steel etc!

They say they use them like that just to take a lot of the work out of the wall whilst still wet etc.

Any thoughts / advice before I try on Friday ?

Cheers Zombie:)

Lay on with Tyzack, flatten with speedskim if ive been arsed getting it out my van, 2nd coat tyzack, flatten with steel then plaziflex all the way .... next to no water .. uniformed colour when dry ... Ooossssshhh !!

Not used the plasiflex and don't need to remind everybody what I will be using from now on? :RpS_laugh: Feel like as walking talking advert for Refina at the mo :RpS_lol:

zombie how did there finish come out mate?.

Hi Scottie,

Spot on tbh mate....though they lay on very neat anyway and they usualy lay 2nd coat straight down without flattening on board so I guess that trowel is just a bonus trowel in there eyes on the first coat etc

What they were doing was as soon as 2nd coat on crossed straight away with plastic then 2 trowels with steel as normal.

I cant fault there finish but tbh there really good skimmers anyway so however theyd have approached I think they would have left it A1 if you know what I mean so in some respects bit hard to judge if a good way or not in general.

Don't know if that makes sense? lol

Zombie

lay on with Mt 14" two coats speedskim both coats trowel up with plazi no water no steel trowel

How can you get it flat with just the plazzi?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

So what everyone is saying is 1st coat steel, 2nd coat steel, then either steel then plastic or speedskim/spat then plastic.............

Strange......Whats a s*p*r*lex for again?????

Possibly fair point carlos ! But if you have the two trowels you will notice the difference the refina is always nicking !infact not a fair point because saying that you obviously dont have a plazzy ! Lol

Possibly fair point carlos ! But if you have the two trowels you will notice the difference the refina is always nicking !infact not a fair point because saying that you obviously dont have a plazzy ! Lol

I got 1 from 1stop yesterday mate, not used it yet though

I'm gonna be different and not bother with a plazzi, bottom line is I can get a good finish with the trowel I've had for the last 4 year. the idea of having a different trowel for different parts of the set deludes me, plus my tool bag isn't big enough :)

All this talk about plazzi trowels, dam you lot, think i need to try one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.