X2 plasterers needed leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm available from the 25th if you havnt got anyone by then give me a ring ill pm you my num. Cheers

Hi the work is at leeds just a refurb job looking for 2 lads monday day work at 115 a day

i thought discussing rates was frowned on on here? sorry rh not being funny but iv seen quite a few posts already and iv only been on the site for 5 min.

I'm not trained up yet, but when I am I'm not working for ****ing £115 a day on site, bust your ass for 5 years before someone considers you a proper spread only to graft your arse off for that?

I can do 30m2 a day at questionable quality...come to think of it should I leave my number? I might be your best candidate.

Got to be honest rh I wouldn't be able to assign 4 weeks to it so for that reason I'm out. Regarding rates it is what anyone who has nothing on and local should go for imo, we ain't da vinci and they're just walls. Better than any agency or day work prices from contractors. I myself can and do earn a lot more consistently but doesn't mean I'd sit on my arse while someone else gets what on offer. @cowen I think you need the work to expand your speed and questionable quality level. Works work pal, could do a lot worse.

Got to be honest rh I wouldn't be able to assign 4 weeks to it so for that reason I'm out. Regarding rates it is what anyone who has nothing on and local should go for imo, we ain't da vinci and they're just walls. Better than any agency or day work prices from contractors. I myself can and do earn a lot more consistently but doesn't mean I'd sit on my arse while someone else gets what on offer. @cowen I think you need the work to expand your speed and questionable quality level. Works work pal, could do a lot worse.

Did you not see the part where I said I'm not fully trained? I've got a years course ahead of me, I am quite literally in every sense of the word a novice when it comes to plastering and my expectations for my own work fall in line with that. I will get better...that is why I am training! Tell me you started off as a novice knocking out 100m2 a day?

My point was @cowen that every so often you have to take what's on offer. I know contractors that pay £sh1t pm2 meaning you would have to do at least 65m2 UNquestionable quality to get the 115 that rh is offering. That m2 plus preping, loading, cleaning 5 days a week ain't easy. Where as day work generally is quite easy imo. And basing on your novice level a bit of patching and making good is a bonus to you cos my last college lad was taught nowt on that side of things and he was/is as good as they churned out. Not knocking where your at pal and sorry for any offence caused, ive prob took a chance on someone worse, just thought it was a bit early in day for you to be hypothetically turning work down.
@rh going rates got to differ for everyone but the job, any job ,is only worth what the customer is willing to pay. Or failing that what the spread is willing to accept at the given time. Without seeing the job I reckon your not far off.

Ergg!! As ever there's a broad spectrum of spreads, locations, speed, quality etc etc..

Someone who always works to a price wouldn't touch it..

IMO there is 2 breeds day rate lads and price lads.

Day rate lads have 3 breaks a day and are always clock watching price lads get in get there quota done and get gone..

I can't stick day rate for more than a few days, I just get lazy

I clock watch thinking where the fck has the time gone FFS!

For a decent spread who won't take the piss should be £150 that's what I pay and more sometimes

My point was @cowen that every so often you have to take what's on offer. I know contractors that pay £sh1t pm2 meaning you would have to do at least 65m2 UNquestionable quality to get the 115 that rh is offering. That m2 plus preping, loading, cleaning 5 days a week ain't easy. Where as day work generally is quite easy imo. And basing on your novice level a bit of patching and making good is a bonus to you cos my last college lad was taught nowt on that side of things and he was/is as good as they churned out. Not knocking where your at pal and sorry for any offence caused, ive prob took a chance on someone worse, just thought it was a bit early in day for you to be hypothetically turning work down.
@rh going rates got to differ for everyone but the job, any job ,is only worth what the customer is willing to pay. Or failing that what the spread is willing to accept at the given time. Without seeing the job I reckon your not far off.

Ah your probably right I was mainly just being a wind up merchant anyway, my apologies! I appreciate your point of view.

To be fair at the minute I am working for nothing. £6 an hour would be a bonus for me! But do what you gotta do.

Whats going day work rate atm then?

I know of a decent size outfit paying 140 each for a team of snaggers on a big new build near us but around 150 a day, day rate, depending on experience. I'm just north of Leeds and I'm struggling to get Lads for that rendering, it's boom time at the moment everyone's busy.
you didn't mention it was steady away patching in your original post, and as such that's not to bad for an improver or fora spread that's quiet.

To be fair to RH what other people on here probabley don't realise is that south Yorkshire has got to be 1 of the lowest paid area for tradesmen with a hell of a lot of plasterers chasing not enough work and sadly his rates reflect this.

This would be deemed as steady to reasonable at present in south Yorkshire in his total defence!

Personaly I don't think he needs a slagging on this 1 fair enough rates for the work expected if just patching/day work and hes offering 4wks.

Us lads from south Yorkshire have always had to travel below Nottingham or above leeds or west to Manchester to get national rates sadly.

No streets paved in gold in Barnsley, Donny, Sheff, Rotherham im afraid!!!

To be fair to RH what other people on here probabley don't realise is that south Yorkshire has got to be 1 of the lowest paid area for tradesmen with a hell of a lot of plasterers chasing not enough work and sadly his rates reflect this.

This would be deemed as steady to reasonable at present in south Yorkshire in his total defence!

Personaly I don't think he needs a slagging on this 1 fair enough rates for the work expected if just patching/day work and hes offering 4wks.

Us lads from south Yorkshire have always had to travel below Nottingham or above leeds or west to Manchester to get national rates sadly.

No streets paved in gold in Barnsley, Donny, Sheff, Rotherham im afraid!!!

Amen brother

Im not moving there then.

its true mate and sadly it doesn't matter how good you are either. Theres some very, very poor areas that still haven't recovered for industry closures from the 70s and 80s in south Yorkshire and a lot of you Hollywood spreads would get the shock of your lifes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.