www.adchapmanplastering.co.uk

Members online

Change of company name would prick up new customers ears , is it necessary
Old site looked more pro , better pictures, from what I remember
Its looking like your being put out to pasture Andy lol

Perhaps don't mention change of name on website, old customers will know you and new customers don't need to know about it.
Good luck.
That's mainly because a lot of the pictures on the website are watermarked as well as references and awards being aimed at the ltd. company.

A couple of reasons, more and more red tape to either do ourselves or pay others for and, having spoken to people it appears that trading under a company name rather than being more 'personal' has put off some of the type of clients we like to work for.

Ah fair enough...

To be fair the tax situation use to be better but not so much now...

I have 3 ltd companies and that is becoming a bit of a headache to deal with

Right you bunch of knobheads my son and I have dissolved our limited company and reverted to sole trading and have got a new website. Please take a look and give me some honest feedback (like you wouldn't anyway, you bastards).
www.adchapmanplastering.co.uk

It's all about personal perception obviously, but there are two things that leapt out at me.

The first one is the changing pictures gets a bit irritating when you're reading the text. Maybe have one large one scrolling and the rest fixed? Or none scrolling but use each photo as a link/button to the gallery?

The second thing is the home page seems a bit flat, nothing jumps out. I like the plain background, and the text works well as it is. So maybe a couple of the photos should have more colour to them? Maybe a really bright banner/strap image at the top? Basically I think it needs a bit of impact on the home page.

It's all about personal perception obviously, but there are two things that leapt out at me.

The first one is the changing pictures gets a bit irritating when you're reading the text. Maybe have one large one scrolling and the rest fixed? Or none scrolling but use each photo as a link/button to the gallery?

The second thing is the home page seems a bit flat, nothing jumps out. I like the plain background, and the text works well as it is. So maybe a couple of the photos should have more colour to them? Maybe a really bright banner/strap image at the top? Basically I think it needs a bit of impact on the home page.
Cheers that's the sort of constructive comment I was after. Out of interest were you veiwing on your phone or a laptop/tablet?

Cheers that's the sort of constructive comment I was after. Out of interest were you veiwing on your phone or a laptop/tablet?

I looked on the desktop and then a Chromebook but other than running chrome I think it's the same as a laptop?

A very quick glance and looks good Andy.

With regards to name change. I would probably say something along the lines of ‘with my son coming into the business, we have changed the name from sandon to blah blah blah to better reflect the family partnership. Something like that...which I know is a bit of a white lie, but people relate to that kind of sentiment. I’ve had a glass or two of vino, so can’t articulate it any better at mo x

A very quick glance and looks good Andy.

With regards to name change. I would probably say something along the lines of ‘with my son coming into the business, we have changed the name from sandon to blah blah blah to better reflect the family partnership. Something like that...which I know is a bit of a white lie, but people relate to that kind of sentiment. I’ve had a glass or two of vino, so can’t articulate it any better at mo x
must be making too much some sort of tax fiddle

All the best with your changes Andrew! (y)