wtf....

Members online

Did anyone watch diy sos,they had the plastererers in doing there bit....and then before the plaster has dried out ,there painting it.....wtf

Paint manufactures do not guarantee bond of paint on new plaster if not fully dry though their is special paint for damp surfaces due to dampness. cant comment on flynnys special paint as im not aware of any emulsion that can be used.
What they are doing can be a hit and miss.
Seen major messes on jobs were its been hit too soon.some paint manufacturers state 8 weeks on float,set.

IMG_4181.PNG

Am right,been in the trade for over 30 years,you do not paint over plaster that has not dried out properly
Your not right there are permeable paint for this, I advise all customers to let it fully dry out, but in answer to your original question there is special paints.

I done a job once where diy sos had done a room already days before the big build must say what a poor job it was

I heard that if the paint isn't vinyl it's fine...
Not my problem after I've gone tbh

Down to the painter or plasterer I suppose and let's not forget these guys donate their time for free (obviously not the cast).
It's not free or wasn't bloke said he had to put up some cash towards it and was more the Chippy work mate

Skims on plasterboard with permeable paint you will get away with any solid work and you will be in bother as it will blister or peel.
Most contract emulsion is permeable if you read tin,,,,Leyland etc,,,,
They programmes as said are blitz jobs,,,bet there is major snagging.;)

I've plastered nightclubs/restaurants that have silly turn around deadlines that have been painted 30 mins after I've plastered, worked fine but I wouldn't risk it on my own gaff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk