WOW crete

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
Tendering for some work in a famous persons house ( can't say who).

I was amazed by the mock stone grotto which housed a jaccuzzi. Paul,( Warrior)......can you enlighten us as to how this was created ,and if you have ever been commisioned to do anything similar.

548479_3714336175881_704367142_n.jpg

Mark I am dying to get on a project like that mate, I couldn't tell you how that effect was created, but I do have my own ideas, I do know of a chap that turns out some amazing scenes just using sand and cement over mesh frames, but it is susceptible to cracking, in time this type of stuff I will be doing, I guarantee it

The only places I have seen similar is at Thorpe Park and Euro Disney.Its incredibly realistic and I would imagine very rewarding and satisfying to produce.
Obviously on some sort of frame and clad with mesh as you say,sounded hollow when tapped.

Thats what we did in Cairo, you make all the forms up in mesh and spray it on it realy is simple believe it or not.

The only places I have seen similar is at Thorpe Park and Euro Disney.Its incredibly realistic and I would imagine very rewarding and satisfying to produce.
Obviously on some sort of frame and clad with mesh as you say,sounded hollow when tapped.
The firm i worked for in Cairo did work on Thorpe park.

No fibreglass in what we did though some of the smaller stuff is made in the resin shop and shipped out but that is normaly bits that the public will have contact with the other stuff in museams etc are behind barriers basicly the rough shape is made up with 10 mill re bar then covered in EML then you just spray it with a bit of imaganation artists then come along afterwards and do the colouring the gear we used was from the Emirates and was just a one coat not sure what they use in the U.K. but i could find out i have some pics but they are not very good as they were taken in bad light on a phone i think Paul has them as well

Steel rods welded to shape, then metal lath fixed all over, then gear sprayed on a couple of times, then troweled or printed with mats made from real rock faces.
Here's just one of many vids:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats exactly how its done Lee part of the Job we did was a coral reef you just spray it then randomly carve coral shapes into it no one realy knows what coral realy looks like so its easy my contribution was impressing a beer bottle top into it looked just like a million year old starfish lol.

I'm glad i looked in on this thread, initially I thought someone was just back from holiday in a Greek island lol no Kiddin,.... Wot a knob I am:RpS_scared:

Its a childrens interactive museam was owned by Murbaraks wife but the Generals were running the show as her and her husband were under house arrest at the time.

Andy, what a great job to be involved in, how did you come about being there.?
To long winded to post but basicly i was in the right place at the right time how life is, ile tell you Friday,Fcast for Friday looks s**t i think ime going to get wet.

They've got loads of vids on YouTube too.
:RpS_thumbup:

There was another forum RAT international but it's down at the mo.
Rock carvers Artists Theme builders.
Some good stuff on there

Status
Not open for further replies.