Would you skim this?

Thanks for all replies,
This was reply I had from client

I was always told that when plastering the ceiling you fix the board decorative side up. If taping and decorating (dry lining) it’s obviously grey side up. Idea being you get better suction on the plaster to the board. I’ve just double checked and that is definitely the case. If you can price us based on cash payment, that would be great.

Thanks

Nice in writing "based on cash payment", alarm bells are ringing here...... just make sure you are not accountable and tell them cash makes no difference.

the grey paper is recycled paper with no key to plaster. the ivory side has tiny holes to receive the plaster.
Ah. Maybe this is why some I have seen the plaster fell off. Ended up just tapping it and it shattered leaving behind nearly clean boards. I just sealed and skimmed but wondered if the cold frost had got to it causing the adhesion to fail. You would think plaster would stick no problem but it didn't

Ah. Maybe this is why some I have seen the plaster fell off. Ended up just tapping it and it shattered leaving behind nearly clean boards. I just sealed and skimmed but wondered if the cold frost had got to it causing the adhesion to fail. You would think plaster would stick no problem but it didn't

I've seen this happen on the white side of boards too...... only twice and one must of been 10-20 years old

I've seen this happen on the white side of boards too...... only twice and one must of been 10-20 years old
Yeah me to if I think about it. Strange really. No idea why because plaster seems to stick well to anything within reason.

No need for Pva, only issue can be the edges or if the f**k*r starts bubbling, then your in trouble.
I skim over that side all the time as I usually get the awkward plasterboard bit cut back to front :)

No need for Pva, only issue can be the edges or if the f**k*r starts bubbling, then your in trouble.
I skim over that side all the time as I usually get the awkward plasterboard bit cut back to front :)

I'm also too stupid to be able to turn shapes around in my head easily.

It's dead obvious as well - standing there chewing my lip and scratching my head.

main-qimg-97074791b24b6bc67c20b6049d69ab17-c

I like to give people options so:
Option 1. Skim as is but let them know they have fixed the boards the wrong way round.
Option 2. Turn the boards around and skim knowing it's right.
I even give the wife options - just the other night I said, 'babe, I've got a right stonker, you can either'
Option 1. Give me a ball bursting blow job, or
Option 2. Shag me senseless

she also had her own option
Option 1. 'The day you give me something that resembles an orgasm is the day I'll happily oblige with your options'. Ahh, the wife does love to tease with her verbal foreplay.

When board are speced backward they should be given a gyproc bonding-coat. theres no fun like feather edging a ceiling ...

What situation would they ever be specc'd backwards now though??
well Danny. I havent seen it in about 7 years, but mainly when i was workin in norn-Iron, all site work, ceilings and stud walls were all done this way, used to drive me mental. But never ever seen it in the republic, unless by mistake.....

well Danny. I havent seen it in about 7 years, but mainly when i was workin in norn-Iron, all site work, ceilings and stud walls were all done this way, used to drive me mental. But never ever seen it in the republic, unless by mistake.....

A few builders did it to me in 08 but I told them to remove them and have another go :)

The trouble with people who have half an idea