Working For People You Know!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy2

Just priced up a job for some people I know, gone in a bit cheaper than would've normally. Lounge diner to do, 6.3m x 3.5m ceiling to overboard, fire place to frame out and board, 3 areas of blown plaster to chop out and refloat, all walls to reskim 6.3m x 3.5m (opening into 4.2m for last couple of metres) x 2.5m ,walls need final de-papering, bay window and patio door opening. Materials come in at about £140, three days work, £530 all in..... too expensive!!!
I hate priceing for people you know, I always feel like either I'm being robbed or I'm doing them over!!

theyll get another quote then come back to you,when they do tell them your to busy,problem solved

Tell me, I'm busy enough to be fair, however it's as if you're trying to rob them, you know what i mean.

yea if people know u they fink its ganna cost 20% of the price,its not like were selling them a car a cost price we are doing hard fing work

i always give a small discount, nothing special, but if they get other quotes that are similar then they will tend to go for you because they know you.

Family and friends,.........Always a pain in the arze !.......and always nightmare jobs !

ziggy2 said:
Tell me, I'm busy enough to be fair, however it's as if you're trying to rob them, you know what i mean.
when doing work for people i know(not fam or friends)i tend to go way ott that way you cant lose

our lass's sister lives in brand new house a pipe has burst under the floor in the bathroom above the kitchen leaked leaving a sag and a big yellow mark ( pi$$ i think ) ;)

she earns 20k boyfrienf earns 30k apparently they want me to do it for ......... wait for it ................
........ FREE

cutting half the ceiling down finding the joist board a patch and skim it for free i told her to fcuk off in a few more words

mac_plastering said:
our lass's sister lives in brand new house a pipe has burst under the floor in the bathroom above the kitchen leaked leaving a sag and a big yellow mark ( pi$$ i think ) ;)

she earns 20k boyfrienf earns 30k apparently they want me to do it for ......... wait for it ................
........ FREE

cutting half the ceiling down finding the joist board a patch and skim it for free i told her to fcuk off in a few more words
Why should you do it for nothing when the insurance will pay for it !!! give her a quote for the insurance for a complete new ceiling and skim and re-dec, your both on a winner

Brother in law called my missus last, "kin room ceiling just fell in" , instantly my hears prick up , "tell him i'll sort it love on his insurance" now were both on a winner , an he lives an hour an half away from me , well worth a bit of extra paperwork ;)

try to avoid working for family or friends of ya parents,id say to cheap mate ,just hit em for what its worth youll get no better thought of

Status
Not open for further replies.