work through christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
hows everyone fixed ?............its my first year as a subby so finding a grand in the next 3/4 weeks should be fun .....bit of work around ...still crap prices though

finishing one job next week then on to another with the same firm right through till xmas eve, im away from home but the rates are decent enough

what rates are you getting napper im on 5 per m and spending a day and a half a week beading ...........oh the joys ;D

dont spend time beading spunky, spend half hour beading up at the end of the day for the next day. if were hardwalling then you always got half hour or more waiting for the hardwall to go so bead up then. If there is two of you then whn your floating up then the other one beads for next day. you get paid to put gear on the wall so beading up for a day is dead money.

the best runs have been done mate some rooms have 20 odd beads at least in and will only do you for a day so theres over 60 beads a week to put up some at 3 metres high back to backs everywhere ......

aye ;D............proper poo mate............... :eek: fcucking hell napper just read youre post ;D...........fair play

its a proper plastering firm the gaffer was a spread so he knows what rates you need he just rapes the fixers ;D ;D

s**t now its daywork only got one week left tho picking up all the snagging an one staircase left then its onto a persimmon homes site i hope ive had enough of floatin this year :D

no its picking up odd walls and reveals that have been missed for whatever reason the main contractors have got an agency lad picking up other s**t like knocked beads and stuff hes only gettin £8 an hour

yeah we doin ok we got wrk to xmas from the guy we subby to but we got our own wrk aswell job for ££££ starting 14 dec in preston 800m2 of F/S n 300m2 of board n skim shud be nice till january. n e 1 wanting work in the middlands give spa plastering a call they only paying £5.50 m2 but they seem to have loads of work. we subby for them sumtimes 01299896142 like a say tight price but they could have wrk through xmas. And wat the f*** is a fixer sum twot who cnt pick up a trowel so he learns the very first thing i learned as a plasterer to board a stud wall, and calls him self a tradesman. Thats y our prices are down cos them empty heads cnt do n e fin else so they have no choice and are willing to board for £2.00 m2. F ing C*** suckers

I know I'm a bloody nice bloke but you're making me blush now Spunky. I'm alright till end of December, without the phone ringing.

ok here till feb but lots in the pipe line so fingers crossed.

All the lads i know who are working on sites are still being paid £3.25 walls £3.50 ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.