Work radio

PLASDUA

Hi guys

The work radio i had been using has unfortunately died and is no longer being sold. It was a DAB one from Aldi looked like dewalt. Anyway does anyone know of any good value DAB radios that aren't too expensive? Cheers

The dewalt tough system is a beauty.

I was looking into getting the dewalt tough system one, got some wicked reviews, sounds awesome and you can charge your phone in a little compartment that keeps it safe and the dust and dirt out so it's a win win lol

He actually isn't mate and know what you mean everything we touch is always covered in s**t :LOL:! I only wanted to go for the dewalt one as all my other tools are dewalt and will stack on my other tough system boxes.

And when I looked it up it looks like it can stand up to a lot, bit more pricey than the others but seems to be the one for me IMO.

I had one and it just died on me probably was only just over a year old, so I wasn't buying another from them

I've seen too many makita ones die in not long at all but obviously it may just be a case of "luck of the draw" just like anything you buy but never really been much of a makita man anyway.

Gone through about 4 makita ones, last about 2yr. Just changed to festool auto-feed and drywall gun, but the radios don't look as tough as other makes. Think there about £150 to. Mates have the dewalt ones they look decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah must admit they don't look as tough at all and look like they wouldn't last long. I could be wrong as I am with most stuff "the mrs ses" but I don't agree lol.

The dewalt one is around £180 so I think could be worth that little extra money, the quality of sound on them is great and they do with stand a little bit of water from a review I see on YouTube when they tested it in the rain.

I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to buying something new I look at reviews ect ect for at least a month and then finally go with what was probably my first choice anyway. But I like to be sure when I'm buying something new as parting with your hard earned cash you want the most out of what you buying.

Most important tool of the trade a decent radio, we have a couple of them dewalt ones there bullet proof , been dropped dozens of times etc and I can still get radio 2 loud and clear.

I had one and it just died on me probably was only just over a year old, so I wasn't buying another from them
No I understand that, you should expect more than a year out of it. Makita used to do a 3 year warranty if you registered the product on their website.

I'd get the festool dab radio, they small handy little things. I have a metabo ghetto blaster, need a fork lift truck to move the b*****d and the dewalt even bigger

Asda smart price £7

Upgraded to a bosch when my lad got one free for coming in the top 5 in jewson young tradesperson award runs off the 18v drill battery we have aswell as mains. Not a dab though but sweet as for f@@k all

I'm not kidding, @jamesthefirst has a metabo too, but the small one 10.8v I think they handy little things

Yes mate its a solid little radio which i run off a 2ah battery, 4ah would be better.
Loud sound and can play your music from your phone. Had it 2 years now.
Not DAB though.

20170716_122212.jpg

20170716_122223.jpg

20170716_122257.jpg

How do I get music on my phone?...... there's no stylus and nowhere to store the records........ I think it might be too much faff. ....... I'll probably just stick to the wireless........;)

How do I get music on my phone?...... there's no stylus and nowhere to store the records........ I think it might be too much faff. ....... I'll probably just stick to the wireless........;)

Theres a wire that you plug into your phone and then you plug the other end into your radio. Keep pressing all the buttons till you hear the nolans etc. :)

Hi guys

The work radio i had been using has unfortunately died and is no longer being sold. It was a DAB one from Aldi looked like dewalt. Anyway does anyone know of any good value DAB radios that aren't too expensive? Cheers
What's a great idea is a wifi speaker and run it off your phone they have great sound and between radio YouTube or your playlist u can listen to everything

What's a great idea is a wifi speaker and run it off your phone they have great sound and between radio YouTube or your playlist u can listen to everything

Have to say that small speakers have come a long way now and i dont think i would have anything other now...

Ilike to listen to all sorts