Work Predictions 2023 ...

Fux knows /my phone never stops
I am back @ next year for booking in jobs .....
Fux your reset ....

Fux knows ..... spark looking for work for his lads
Today ....
Tile giant close 13 stores ...

Four fifths of tradespeople fear for the future of the industry​

A lmost half of tradespeople are worried about the rising cost of materials and a third are considering getting a second job to survive.

My projections are dire for this year I'm afraid I think the busy start is just overflow work from last year & pandemic. I'm seeing red lights everywhere at the moment and we have 5 websites and the phone is dead...has been for a month now. Had some enquiries but the tone has changed. People are tyre kicking. Good luck everyone...will check in again soon.

Come on charva s , who’s got what ,booked in ... Makes no sense ,..... Got a push on a job from some other lads , I called them Monday /they rocked up 2 day ....

Thought it was going to be quiet but phone on fire at the moment...I think we can all thank BREXIT...shame about all the prices going up otherwise it would have been a major Brucey bonus

I was really expecting things to take a nose dive after xmass but I'll be busy right through to the summer and beyond going by my phone now. Although, some in the quarries have said the concrete for foundations aren't got out as quick as before.

IMG_1170.gif

Any
changes to report?
I am thinking no one wants to work ,
Or are shite ? …. into mid 2024…

The site work is not good in my area. Large housing development of several hundred houses has stopped . The bank are trying to foreclose on them and offering the site to other developers . The bank are being told that there is no interest in the present climate. These properties are 1m + which is too high for estate homes.
A second development which is next to the other one has stopped , filled in the groundwork and laid the workforce off.
My solicitor tells me that purchases are pulling out at the last minute when they do the sums on their purchase.
My domestic work is up and down and I can pick up temp. extra labour no problem.

Slowed right down. Just finished a run of 9 builds but living off promises at the mo...
Try to avoid domestics but they don't even ring now.

• Useful
Reactions: 000
The site work is not good in my area. Large housing development of several hundred houses has stopped . The bank are trying to foreclose on them and offering the site to other developers . The bank are being told that there is no interest in the present climate. These properties are 1m + which is too high for estate homes.
A second development which is next to the other one has stopped , filled in the groundwork and laid the workforce off.
My solicitor tells me that purchases are pulling out at the last minute when they do the sums on their purchase.
My domestic work is up and down and I can pick up temp. extra labour no problem.
IMG_2948.png

Ain't it strange all the doomers got it wrong in their posts in January. The old heads are the wise heads seen it all before. Construction goes in cycles. It will bounce back.it all was predictable, Hector said it,some slagged him off,weather its as bad as predicted is up for debate. All down to each individual, some guys I know are making more profit than ever as %, ripping the arse out of it. Due to inflation and adding some.

So do I,,, but what I'm told is dire,if you are on domestics you will be joined soon by others after your work. Hector and so called doom mongers are getting to prove correct.
This was debated on this page last year,sites my mates are on a dropping workers like stones and build projections privately have been slashed the only guys I know are social housing builds they say they will be OK but council budgets have also slashed build quotas,,,, it may be different by area,I don't know. If you have plenty of work that is very good.
I posted this in January.

Been a quiet year have been working on other projects. Lots of tyre kickers around. Quite glad after last year as a busy year this year would certainly of pushed me into VAT.

Still struggling with fiscal drag...frozen VAT and income thresholds. They are talking about tax cuts this is not what we want. We want the thresholds to be increased...

Been a quiet year have been working on other projects. Lots of tyre kickers around. Quite glad after last year as a busy year this year would certainly of pushed me into VAT.

Still struggling with fiscal drag...frozen VAT and income thresholds. They are talking about tax cuts this is not what we want. We want the thresholds to be increased...
How do you get away from vat in 900 a day

How do you get away from vat in 900 a day

£300 a day and I don't work full time. Subbies paid directly by customer. Large material orders paid directly by customer. Maximum I can earn is around 65K if I run a tight ship.

£300 a day and I don't work full time. Subbies paid directly by customer. Large material orders paid directly by customer. Maximum I can earn is around 65K if I run a tight ship.
I don't understand these methods of payments. Then you dont make any profit from materials or sub contractors. That seems a very odd business plan to me.

I don't understand these methods of payments. Then you dont make any profit from materials or sub contractors. That seems a very odd business plan to me.

Labour and materials are not broken down on estimates. So I do make a profit on materials...simply ask the customer to pay directly.

Subbies bill the customer direct plus my 20% commision then I bill the subbie 20% commision fee.

Can be a bit of a pain but VAT you lose out big time with additional accounting fees, making tax digital, time on paperwork etc.

Labour and materials are not broken down on estimates. So I do make a profit on materials...simply ask the customer to pay directly.

Subbies bill the customer direct plus my 20% commision then I bill the subbie 20% commision fee.

Can be a bit of a pain but VAT you lose out big time with additional accounting fees, making tax digital, time on paperwork etc.
Well that is a method that I have never heard of, I think that you are giving to much information to the subbies.
I was VAT registered but I done the accounting myself. This method slowed the VAT office down. No body wanted to pay it. I was asked to deregister from VAT. so I took their offer and I have never heard from them since.

Well that is a method that I have never heard of, I think that you are giving to much information to the subbies.
I was VAT registered but I done the accounting myself. This method slowed the VAT office down. No body wanted to pay it. I was asked to deregister from VAT. so I took their offer and I have never heard from them since.

It's a good method...if you run a tight ship you can pocket around 65K. Some subbies get get knickers in a twist when they know how much you make on them. But chances are they are not worth it anyway as they don't understand the organisation/communication/paperwork required.

It's a good method...if you run a tight ship you can pocket around 65K. Some subbies get get knickers in a twist when they know how much you make on them. But chances are they are not worth it anyway as they don't understand the organisation/communication/paperwork required.
You must have em queuing up to hand over there 20 percent

You must have em queuing up to hand over there 20 percent

Thing is mate we only contact subbies when we already have confirmed work. That way 99% of the time they get the work. It's business somebody has to put in the work communicating with customers, running and updating 5 websites, Instagram etc. You do get some people who are blind & greedy but as I said they are not worth the time anyway. All my subbies have been with me 6 years plus.

Thing is mate we only contact subbies when we already have confirmed work. That way 99% of the time they get the work. It's business somebody has to put in the work communicating with customers, running and updating 5 websites, Instagram etc. You do get some people who are blind & greedy but as I said they are not worth the time anyway. All my subbies have been with me 6 years plus.
I.ve worked for tons of builders and never been asked to give em money fter job. I know they make on me but never ever known a subbie talk money with a customer. Must be a southern thing

I.ve worked for tons of builders and never been asked to give em money fter job. I know they make on me but never ever known a subbie talk money with a customer. Must be a southern thing

Subbie doesn't discuss any costs with customer. Works for me mate....horses for courses.

That's the first step on your road to recovery mate, admitting that you're 'special'.
It's going to be a long journey for you, stay strong and we're all here to help.

I don't think recovery is an option...it's the way I'm wired. But I except that I'm different and work to my strengths. Ignore the haters and jealous types.