Work abroad

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
Tenerife or similar.

Just wondered if anyone has done any stints around the Spanish islands or the canaries.
My mate is wanting to go and spend some time away and work at the same time but we don't know anyone that might have been to the canaries.

Basically he needs to know the crack and if there is possibilities
@lucius

Last edited by a moderator:
Feutaventura it all seems bodged rendering mostly , odd bit of decent finished sand cement etc. alot of half built propertys though that didnt look like much was happening at also

my mush would get on rendering better than internals.
Cant think of anyone.
maybe the render manufacturers would have the contacts

Nice one @plasterjfe ! I'm the mate who's asking, I'm just a bit clueless on this forum. It's only Tenerife I'm interested in though and its probably the one with the best chance of finding building work as some of the other islands have preservation orders and restrictions on building work . So yeah if there's anyone knows a firm or has mates out there that need another spread , send em my way please
Cheers Nathan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not fussed I'll go skimming or use that horrible Spanish purlita crap, I'll do owt to get off this depressing little island

id like to work away for a bit...probabley just 10yrs or so just long enough for kids to feck off and wife to run off with some desperate cant!!!!!

not to mention its bloody red hot in Barnsley been sweating my knackers off today I want to go somewhere that's cold and pissing it down!!!:RpS_crying:

id like to work away for a bit...probabley just 10yrs or so just long enough for kids to feck off and wife to run off with some desperate cant!!!!!

not to mention its bloody red hot in Barnsley been sweating my knackers off today I want to go somewhere that's cold and pissing it down!!!:RpS_crying:

Manchester

There is someone on this forum who is in the Canaries who pops up now and again, anyway itsSpain most of the work Is Sand and Cement render poor quality but the sand is hard work but you can get a good job out of it if you know what you are doing all the other work is Mono and interior one coat or what the Spanish use Yeso, stay well clear of that one till some one shows you the crack, good luck mate.

I think he is sorted for an interim job that will enable him to look for building work. See what happens when he gets there

I worked in Spain back in the day, its on its ass now, nothing doing and you need to speak Spanish...

time you pay your living costs, its going to leave you eating out of a bin..lol... great lifestyle tho... yeso.. like skimming with casting plaster..lol... lots of mono work, but the s/c looks shite, problem is the sun, just dries it like fuk... working hours.. 7am til 1pm.. then back 4pm til 8pm... H and S is pretty non existant ( which is good )

Ok iv had a good year in Tenerife but it's time to move on! Anyone wanting to work over here I'll give you a few tips, placo stic and coral p45 are the best materials iv found for internal walls, the p45 is basically a one coat projection plaster similar to knauf mp75. The placo stic is like thistle easy fill but you can skim whole walls with it and you don't need to pva painted walls as it has a bonding agent in it. For external walls they have an ocr from Weber and grupo puma , it's called mortero seco for the grey or mortero blanco for the white .
Right now I'm off to France! Anyone know of any work in the lille/ roubaix area?

I just got back from Spain and some of the newer looking properties external stuff looked spot on. Do they use a lot of the dash reciever mono stuff?

I just got back from Spain and some of the newer looking properties external stuff looked spot on. Do they use a lot of the dash reciever mono stuff?
There's quite a bit of Weber scrape mono and iv seen a few dash jobs but iv never done any since iv been here. Most of my work has been patching and refurbs , cos the whole island is skint! That's my main reason for leaving, iv only been charging €10 an hour and I'm still not getting regular work. Still iv had a good year and a decent tan.....

1508601_10152105744410939_2088061528_n.jpg

You can get pretty much the same gear(exterior renders) you can get in the uk ,they're just slower on actually using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.