Woodland steps

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 32554

At the moment looking at meshed render steps with SBR and coloured to blend in with surrounding woodland
individual pieces consisting of a tread and riser to allow for a bit of movement , no base , not overly concerned about cracking
Any ideas ?
15935211796674266530275245228853.jpg

Personally I would go for 10mm ballast and chicken wire in it then if it cracks, which it probably will, at least it will hold together.

Log risers, half log sides, fill with slate gravel chunks.
Was the original idea but was trying to be a bit more discreet
Another idea was playground rubber , stuck together chips as you can get colours and mix yourself , not looked at price but think it would be pricey and require quite some thickness for stability , the advantage of a render it the advantage of possible texture , the idea is to make it look like a natural worn trail

Another idea was playground rubber , stuck together chips as you can get colours and mix yourself , not looked at price but think it would be pricey and require quite some thickness for stability , the advantage of a render it the advantage of possible texture , the idea is to make it look like a natural worn trail

Got off to a bit of a bad start then, cutting steps, didn't they.

I'm with @Smudger1 logs and hardcore.

Maybe some wood chips on top if you want to scrim it up

Got half a bag of grey bonding you can have if that helps? (y)

At the moment looking at meshed render steps with SBR and coloured to blend in with surrounding woodland
individual pieces consisting of a tread and riser to allow for a bit of movement , no base , not overly concerned about cracking
Any ideas ?
View attachment 50978

I'd get something like a142 mesh to lock it as a slab and add some polypropylene fibres into the mix. If they're small areas you can overlap the mesh to double the strength.
I get it for £17ish a sheet (8x4ish)

Thickness is key aswell.
Thicker the slab the less sbr needed in mix.

Sub it out to @bobski Bof.
I think that's an excellent idea but I'm having too much fun , came to look at some ceiling's and to chop up a tree , I'm now tidying up their wood's for a garden party and they want me to get water and power supplies from the house across the lawn , under a road and down to the bottom of the woods , only about 500m lol

I think that's an excellent idea but I'm having too much fun , came to look at some ceiling's and to chop up a tree , I'm now tidying up their wood's for a garden party and they want me to get water and power supplies from the house across the lawn , under a road and down to the bottom of the woods , only about 500m lol

il_570xN.1464556234_fi0c.jpg

Watch out geez, before you know it you will be making the beds and doing the ironing!

Gabion cages, they will naturally fill up with natures detritus.

Bof stop being a f**k**g vandal and do as you've already been told. Do the risers in wood and the steps in either natural stone or bark chippings.
You're going to need some seriously thick and expensive cable to run a supply 500m. There's online calculators to work out the voltage drop over a given distance and what diameter cable is required. Make sure they're sitting down.

Bof stop being a f**k**g vandal and do as you've already been told. Do the risers in wood and the steps in either natural stone or bark chippings.
You're going to need some seriously thick and expensive cable to run a supply 500m. There's online calculators to work out the voltage drop over a given distance and what diameter cable is required. Make sure they're sitting down.
rent him your pylon andy