Wives with stable secure jobs

Members online

Is your partners job wellmpaidnand secure?

• Yes my partner earns well and job is secure.

• No I am the sole bread winner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wifes part time . But her wage covers bills . My out goings are low so we should be ok . If it was tight I.m not to proud to go labouring or owt to keep wolves from door. Though only really need 5 days a month to make sure were all fed and won't loose house

I’m the main bread winner . Got two Young kids . But tax credits make it up . I’m just a poor self employed plasterer that just gets by if you get my jist.

I’m the main bread winner . Got two Young kids . But tax credits make it up . I’m just a poor self employed plasterer that just gets by if you get my jist.
Don't get them tax credits . Wifes part time . I.m part time yet get nowt. I know people who get more then us who get tax credit

Job satisfaction is pretty important...

If push came to shove I would only need to work a few days a month to keep a roof and food. But we have tried to keep our outgoings low... no debt and the biggest killer is subscriptions... so we don't do any pay monthly crap

I'm very lucky. My girlfriend makes really good money in a very stable job for a booming company and is only on the up.

It takes a lot of the direct pressure off me which is good. But on the flip side I feel a bit of indirect pressure to do well and earn more because I want to keep up. I think that's probably a good thing though. Bit like healthy competition!

I count my blessings daily though because I know how stressful it would be otherwise.

Funny though seeing the ways in which the grass is greener for each other. I can be jealous that her job is stable, no pressure to keep work coming in, knowing exactly how much money you'll be getting each month, getting holiday pay, sick pay, insane benefits, la la la la

But then she is rightly jealous that I am my own boss, manage my own time, don't have to answer to anyone else, don't have to sit at a computer all day or go along with corporate nonsense and procedures you don't agree with.

But when it comes down to it neither of us would want to do each others job in a million years! Wouldn't change it. The grass is always greener on the other side!

F
Wife not working had c
flipping hell Andy g, no wonder your down. It’s not a nice position to be in. Do yourself a really big favour and go and talk to someone at McMillan cancer support, they know how it affects the whole family aswell and they will be able to help guide you through these difficult times.
People can be cold hearted bastards and crying out for help on a forum or any other social media site is just allowing those nasty people to kick you when your down. Go and talk to someone who can really help.
I went through it myself, kick the drink and drugs if you take any including tabbaco, they really don’t help when your down, you need to look after yourself aswell as you wife, together you will be strong.

Job satisfaction is pretty important...

If push came to shove I would only need to work a few days a month to keep a roof and food. But we have tried to keep our outgoings low... no debt and the biggest killer is subscriptions... so we don't do any pay monthly crap
U sould like rigsby

Feel for you Andy. As someone who has been in similar position what I can tell you for those who do not know. You have no control. You are not in control. All you can do is listen and go where you are told then do as you are told. You are completely helpless, frustrated and angry not to mention worried sick but you can never say anything.

Then you realise all those material things you want and plan for. ....... mean absolutely F*** All.

We were talking the other day and only realised that the day the mrs had her op. The nurses and doctors allowed us to be together in the pre-op room next to the operating theater. We now realise there was a reason for that.

Depressing.

Hope all goes well Andy.

Feel for you Andy. As someone who has been in similar position what I can tell you for those who do not know. You have no control. You are not in control. All you can do is listen and go where you are told then do as you are told. You are completely helpless, frustrated and angry not to mention worried sick but you can never say anything.

Then you realise all those material things you want and plan for. ....... mean absolutely F*** All.

We were talking the other day and only realised that the day the mrs had her op. The nurses and doctors allowed us to be together in the pre-op room next to the operating theater. We now realise there was a reason for that.

Depressing.

Hope all goes well Andy.
She can never work again but she his alive and kicking she live for holiday now want to see the world cheer mate

Sorry to hear that ,did she have keymo, my missus had everything go she is ok now
She didn't needed one mate, as she opted for mastectomy on the 2nd occasion, but on hormone tablets for rest of her life, she had the all clear, but no guarantees it won't come back anywhere else

Cheers mate, only mentioned it to cheer him up and let him know he's not the only one out there

Hmmm my aunty list her battle and it is has been pretty hard for me to deal with and now kane has a friend battling and it's hard to stay positive so it is good to hear About people who have beaten it