Window gauge ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one flynny, some old school still on here, prob a few more as well.......somewhere :)

dont know what a window guage is but I assume its a guage to get your reveals square? if so then I just me trowel or a bit of wood and a nail/screw for that!

Used to work for an old builder who had an adjustable one made by his dad so this was realy old but he would never let me have it but did do a drawing of it with the view of patenting it but never got round to it.
Lucius

lucius said:
Used to work for an old builder who had an adjustable one made by his dad so this was realy old but he would never let me have it but did do a drawing of it with the view of patenting it but never got round to it.
Lucius

give the drawing to jimfish he will patent anything ;)

lucius said:
Lucius

I thought that as well ...................Trouble is now, there is no market for it. :D

del said:
lucius said:
Lucius

I thought that as well ...................Trouble is now, there is no market for it. :D

doesnt matter jimfish will still patent it ;)

flynnyman said:
del said:
lucius said:
Lucius

doesnt matter jimfish will still patent it ;) probably will if he reads this!! :)

Liam Murray said:
I always use them keeps margins all the same for the reveals, got mine from refina years back

Same as above, wouldn't be without one or should that be two as I have one set for doing the reveals and one set for the heads, saves keep adjusting them.

Don't use mine much anymore since most windows went plastic fantastic (and fitted by kids ), i set up my bead margins with a tape and trowel and straight edge to rule them off

i cut the reveals and heads the same margin, dab the head then reveals eye up the margins on the window frame and use the corner of a plaster board to check they are square.

are you fussy about the squarness flynny?......do you make sure the board is a perfect right angle to the frame ?

got a refina one for internal work and there good. but dont use it that much as we dab reveals now but its still something every spread should have. on external i like to stopbead like grand . It takes seconds and you dont have to worry about the knob rubbing up the render cutting back to much.

flynnyman said:
lucius said:
Lucius
i dont think so flynny out of 11000 patent applications submitted each year less than 200 get granted also the cost involved so i dont just patent anything you have to have the right inventions that work firstly a working prototype then the hard work starts. jim trowhawk

give the drawing to jimfish he will patent anything ;)

refina one is adjustable the only stupid thing is the wing nut they use is steel so it rusts, changed mine to a stainless one.

Status
Not open for further replies.