Window fitting

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Any plasterers on here had a go and successfully fitted any windows, need a few new ones at my house and fancy having a go tbh , is it easy enough?
Thanks

Done 3 houses for myself, it’s a doddle. Probably fit them better that a W/fitter because we know the margins to look for, they just bang them in. Look up how to toe and heel them. I don’t do the silicone bit, just get a sealant company to do it. It’s peanuts for them to do it.

Any plasterers on here had a go and successfully fitted any windows, need a few new ones at my house and fancy having a go tbh , is it easy enough?
Thanks
Me and builder I do work for just fitted a whole house a week or so ago and it's easy Pete. If you want a hand give me a call and I'll come and help with it mate

Not sure I’d attempt the front door though would look a right cock if it didn’t open lol

And tap them in with a rubber mallet.
I fitted my own windows and the father in law wanted to help... smashed window :X3:

Although now they’re not fensa

Reactions: Djr
Really easy mate, the old ones plastic or timber? Insta stik foam around any gaps, pack out level and fire a few spax in each side, doors are easy too I did this one recently and built the steps
3B268F4C-59BD-4BE8-B238-CC9050DE8D4D.jpeg

Don’t be scared of sealing up either just leave your protective plastic wrapping on the frame then that acts as a masking line, tear it off after you’ve ran the silicone and it’s a nice crisp edge

Instead of paying your local BC hundred odd quid, ring fensa to come and see the job pay £210 and pronto you fensa registered, off you go fitting windows and doors when the decking business gone tits up

Instead of paying your local BC hundred odd quid, ring fensa to come and see the job pay £210 and pronto you fensa registered, off you go fitting windows and doors when the decking business gone tits up
Didn't realise it was so cheap to register...no brainer

And tap them in with a rubber mallet.
I fitted my own windows and the father in law wanted to help... smashed window :X3:

Although now they’re not fensa
If you aint got a rubber mallet, a short piece of slate lat or similar will do.
Just tap the lat with a regular hammer to snap the bead in.

Wouldn’t bother mate they are a pane! :loco:
Thanks but I’m gonna have a bash mate something I always wanted to do
I’m surprised how many have done it on here , if this goes well could even open my own new company,
Plaster windows.com sounds good