Will I buy a pump or not?

Members online

Mk1mad

Hi all... This is my first post but been here for a while.

Anyway, we do a lot of traditional rendering, dry/wet dash etc, however are getting asked more for mono, mainly krend being specified. We have done a couple of jobs by hand and have a 200m2 job coming up and I’m toying with the idea of buying a pump, however at 5/6k+ for a ritmo and only one larger job currently in the pipeline I need to be sure it will make me the savings in time/labour etc to justify such a big outlay....thinking is the more work we get through we can advertise (don’t advertise at all at present)
Thoughts on whether the outlay is justified please?

5/6 wont buy you a new ritmo 7/8 plus vat with a gene.
Putting 200m of render on by hand in June...I’d be halfway to pft by now.
Buy a second hand one, worse is you use it once or twice, sell on for you paid for it.

Anyway, we do a lot of traditional rendering, dry/wet dash etc, however are getting asked more for mono, mainly krend being specified. We have done a couple of jobs by hand and have a 200m2 job coming up and I’m toying with the idea of buying a pump, however at 5/6k+ for a ritmo and only one larger job currently in the pipeline I need to be sure it will make me the savings in time/labour etc to justify such a big outlay....thinking is the more work we get through we can advertise (don’t advertise at all at present)

I think @owls has summed it up

Wasn't someone advertising one on here that had never been used?

Cheers for the replies guys....@owls we already own gene’s, water pumps etc, I’ve priced a new one & 6k + vat covers it... I’ve made a decision that I’ll be buying new as at least I know what I’ll be getting reliability wise and the way they hold their value more than warrants it!
Just need to get machine training organised for the guys & away we go!

I have a brand new mtec 200 that I'd rent you if you're interested I'm in Birmingham and would walk you through it I'm getting a putzmeister and don't want to sell my mtec so it would be perfect for you and me