Wickes

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date
A lot of chaps on her have mentioned Wickes, I’ve always used them (I’ve not got a trade-card...can’t be arsed), but I like to walk in with a trolley, get plaster/beads and a Twix and fukc-off without the bull-s**t of a builder merchants. Builders/trades swinging theirs and thinking their the big-I-am’s :)

A lot of chaps on her have mentioned Wickes, I’ve always used them (I’ve not got a trade-card...can’t be arsed), but I like to walk in with a trolley, get plaster/beads and a Twix and fukc-off without the bull-s**t of a builder merchants. Builders/trades swinging theirs and thinking their the big-I-am’s :)
That's why I use them , high turnover of fresh plaster and knauf boards , buy all beads scrim , screws , foam addy , PVA on line

Thanks bof. Got my lockdown stash from wickes, watched the stock levels go down in a matter of days.
They've upped their game over the last few years.

Thanks bof. Got my lockdown stash from wickes, watched the stock levels go down in a matter of days.
They've upped their game over the last few years.
Got no idea on my local store stock levels , just gonna go early and be first in queue , not got my hopes up but got no choice , 25 mile trip lol

Got no idea on my local store stock levels , just gonna go early and be first in queue , not got my hopes up but got no choice , 25 mile trip lol

maybe based on click and collect levels, maybe not mate. I just watched my local store get raped and pillaged in a matter of days, just by checking click and collect levels.

Picked up some blue bullnose bricks from a reclaim yard in the Black Country today. Went past a job that didn't look particularly secure and looked like about 2 pallets of multi on the job. Bit careless I thought!

Good luck with it mate, Nearest wickes to me opens tues geez! (y)
I'm not replying on stock levels tbh , I've a kitchen ceiling and some metal beam to clad , customer is happy to pay for pink ceiling and he's got a couple of bags of mf , at least it'll be a start , now got 4 jobs backing up

My local wickes are limiting 5 bags per customer When they get a delivery. Going to get all close and distant relatives down there with me when I see that BG truck roll up.
They done that on the last plaster shortage mate. Some other places are doing a 10 bag limit.

@ChrispyUK wish I’d got more when I ordered my last lot from selco, got a pallet of that make good finish from P1 coming 2nd week of June.

And me mate. Got enough to do a job, and a couple of bags of hardwall from my stash. Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I don't use loads of plaster mate, but shoulda/coulda got more, but I'm ok in the grand scheme of things.

There you go if you can get to Plymouth this morning Wickes I still got loads so to anyone in need (y)
9695ECAC-C0F6-4F00-8BC1-574EC659DF00.png