Wickes.

MIXERMAN

Just got a click and collect from wickes. 4hour slots. They texted when ready .it's only 5 minutes away. Sand and dust. So strange every day feels like Sunday.

So if Wickes are selling s&c why the hell wouldn't B&Q sell me lime, saying that it isn't an essential product?

I couldn't get anywhere with bandq. Didn't know they did lime. I spoke to my local merchant yesterday .they have a few large branches.he said after next week they are going to step up deliverys?

They must think you are an exceptionally dodgy person, fire bomb the place to teach them a lesson
To be honest I'm bloody glad I didn't drive all the way to Southend for a bag of lime, it rubbed up beautifully anyway.
IMG_20200401_133721358_HDR.jpg

So if Wickes are selling s&c why the hell wouldn't B&Q sell me lime, saying that it isn't an essential product?
Probably same reason why wickes would sell me a 9.5mm 8x4 but not a 12.5mm 8x4 . Even though both were in stock . I had a argument with manger over the phone . Didn’t make any sense

My mate works for BG and he gave me the last of his pure finish

Attachments

• E6A90C43-DBFD-460A-B45E-878809ED7E80.jpeg
    E6A90C43-DBFD-460A-B45E-878809ED7E80.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
Is that London sand?,if so it rubs up lovely.
Top job by the way.
It's just a bulk bag of plastering sand from Jewsons mate. Quite a bit finer than most sands classed as plastering sand. Really a fine soft washed IMHO. We always use fine fibres in the top coat, I'm convinced that it helps with it rubbing up nicely.

If they dont open up soon all the finish/bonding will be out of date.

I'd got quite a few bags of multi I'd stashed away with some insulated board last year at my mates and forgotten about the multi till i collected the boards. Out of date in October, and knocked up a bit in a bucket expecting it to flash set, but still fine.

It's just a bulk bag of plastering sand from Jewsons mate. Quite a bit finer than most sands classed as plastering sand. Really a fine soft washed IMHO. We always use fine fibres in the top coat, I'm convinced that it helps with it rubbing up nicely.
I used some rendering sand when i was working in London a couple of years back,lovely stuff but it stained tools and mixer a bright yellow,looking at yours it looked familiar.

I used some rendering sand when i was working in London a couple of years back,lovely stuff but it stained tools and mixer a bright yellow,looking at yours it looked familiar.
This sand is lovely and clean and doesn't stain anything. It's the silt content that stains. Shouldn't really be getting that with a washed rendering sand. Some of local building sand is as silty as hell.

Sandgate sand . Great stuff. You can use it for everything. Pointing . laying bricks . blocks. Jewsons. They don't use there old shite now just this .

Sandgate sand . Great stuff. You can use it for everything. Pointing . laying bricks . blocks. Jewsons. They don't use there old shite now just this .

Ah the old sand debate.

Here’s one for you all.

Travis in Leicester, if you ask for plastering sand the yard staff will load you up with yellow building. If you question it your told it’s the same stuff. In fact they don’t stock plastering sand just two colours of building. Red and yellow. Most other branches in the midlands stock a plastering sand. Mostly reddish colour

Ah the old sand debate.

Here’s one for you all.

Travis in Leicester, if you ask for plastering sand the yard staff will load you up with yellow building. If you question it your told it’s the same stuff. In fact they don’t stock plastering sand just two colours of building. Red and yellow. Most other branches in the midlands stock a plastering sand. Mostly reddish colour
Fock me me that's a great one. Them dodgy dashers. Use soft sand . One I used back in the day put pva in both coats . I never got a call back. I rest my case . Pva .pva .pva. you can't wack it .