Wickes v b nq

Members online

Travis is wickes they try to give with one hand and take with the other so find best bet is to be on fire with small stock at home ie beadtape, and s**t , Travis do do best price on exterior products though once accounts set up
Selco generally do across the board ok price on everything
like your style.

Where will I get best savings. Early start tomoz so it's one of these two .

I need other stuff besides plaster so am I better of getting 10 percent of at wickes
Rather then the trade discount at b n q
Wickes. Click and collect day before and get them to load it on a trolley. Only down side can’t use cash for that has to be done online .

Attachments

• 20190823_085402.jpg
    20190823_085402.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I use EH Smith for pretty much everything outside of the consumables/paint/sealant etc which I get from Screwfix. I just can't be hooped with running/ringing around to save a couple of quid, and I don't have the patience for dealing with the people mooching about in the DIY sheds like B&Q, Selco etc.

I ran the numbers year before last on material costs over a few jobs and there wasn't much in it. A bit like supermarkets you'd get timber cheap at one, but cement was dear there and cheap where the timber was dear.

The one thing I could see was the cost of delivery charges was quite high for some stuff, particularly single packs. So I bought a cheap Iveco tipper which makes a very modest saving on the year comparing running costs to a years delivery charges. However it makes a massive difference in knowing exactly when stuff arrives and where it's placed.

The long and short of it is that direct material cost is irrelevant as it's a direct charge to the customer. So for me it's more about making things easier than cheaper. Obviously the work I do and range of materials I buy will be quite different to working as a plasterer, but I reckon the principles are the same.

I don't buy them from Selco...buy them 50 in a pack for just over £1.50 each...£5 is daylight robbery.
So you shop in selco because Wickes charge £5 for a stop bead but buy stop beads online because selco charge £4.75. okayyyyy