Wickes Accelerator

Members online

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
Thought I'd try this out today.
Went to buy it this morning and thought I'd better check it first.
Opened it and it brown in colour!
So went and bought some Ever Build stuff that's clear.

I know everyone raves about the wickes one, but wouldn't the brown affect the colour of the render?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little bit but it's water down that much it wouldn't notice

We added a bit to much on the front as it was a Friday , but I don't think the customer noticed the change
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1459601432.820824.jpg

Thought I'd try this out today.
Went to buy it this morning and thought I'd better check it first.
Opened it and it brown in colour!
So went and bought some Ever Build stuff that's clear.

I know everyone raves about the wickes one, but wouldn't the brown affect the colour of the render?

Careful which one you use mate ,some can f**k up your machine !

Careful which one you use mate ,some can f**k up your machine !

Cheers for the heads up Keith
It was only 15m and I thought I'd just handball [emoji43][emoji43]

The wickes one ok for the ritmo?

Even 15m annoyed me to the extent I wish I'd of got the machine out!
To many revels and tiny panels though.
I've realised I'm debating the pros and cons with myself here!

Off to scratch now! Enjoy your weekend lads.

Well Wickes apparently buggered my Ritmo up into £000's of damage. Something to do with the chemical that makes it Chloride free. So since I have used Parex Axel, Parex Tardex and a bit of clear accelerator bought in and is not Chloride free.

It not running right again and it is down to again using additives. But I have some other theories and I am going to check these out first.

There are others on here who use Wickes all year round and no problems. But the 'other' one is the same price so I am sticking to the clear stuff.

Used it on Friday didn't seem to make a lot of different,put a tub and a half in a forty gallon drum ,used the ritmol l we've just brought, when we use the sp 11 we put 1 litre per 5 bags seems to go of quicker ,is it because it's being mix up in a paddle mixer ? Been told chloride free is not as good ,which one do u use which contains chloride ,and dose not break the bank regards

Well Wickes apparently buggered my Ritmo up into £000's of damage. Something to do with the chemical that makes it Chloride free. So since I have used Parex Axel, Parex Tardex and a bit of clear accelerator bought in and is not Chloride free.

It not running right again and it is down to again using additives. But I have some other theories and I am going to check these out first.

There are others on here who use Wickes all year round and no problems. But the 'other' one is the same price so I am sticking to the clear stuff.
How can an additive screw a machine... the rubber seals maybe?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Someone has posted they use central heating system cleaner. It might clean the residue but what else can it do?

I wouldn't be putting anything through my machine without chatting to the likes of les,Ian and stu.they know these machines inside out so best to check first

Christ that a day!
So we sprayed on by 10.30 yesterday a little front above a lean to and a side gable down to bottom window height. Prob no more than 45m2
Put some wickes Ac in it......
My lads Didn't get home till 8.30!
It just didn't seem to work!
It didn't have the sun but I thought the Ac would do the job, soft as s**t all day!
I had to leave at 6 to watch Michael Bolton but we'd only just I sectioned it properly then.
I put 5lt to the PFT water butt as recommended, gonna use another half tub today though.
Does it sound like I've done anything wrong?

Christ that a day!
So we sprayed on by 10.30 yesterday a little front above a lean to and a side gable down to bottom window height. Prob no more than 45m2
Put some wickes Ac in it......
My lads Didn't get home till 8.30!
It just didn't seem to work!
It didn't have the sun but I thought the Ac would do the job, soft as s**t all day!
I had to leave at 6 to watch Michael Bolton but we'd only just I sectioned it properly then.
I put 5lt to the PFT water butt as recommended, gonna use another half tub today though.
Does it sound like I've done anything wrong?

Was it weber you putting on j ?

In summer 1ltr to 6 bags but up here yesterday was cold and the air damp. I would have probably put 50% more in.

I sprayed GM 18mm on micro Monday afternoon with just water for an overnighter. Got it scraped back by 4pm yesterday. So about 24 hours. Cold night, damp air and a cold damp day.

Was spraying around 13-15mm one pass Monorex over Monogris base coat.
Put extra half tub in so see how today goes although off to Dubai in morning so I don't care how long I'm here today

Parex is a slow setter even with love juice in
You want the sun on it I reckon this time of year for sure
I'm using pro rend tomorrow over micro @ 17mm
I'm gonna whack 15 litres in a green water butt!!!!

Am I the one to read he went to see Michael Bolton........ Wtf.........Pmsl

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Am I the one to read he went to see Michael Bolton........ Wtf.........Pmsl

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
No I saw that aswell, unless he means someone called Michael from Bolton,think I'd rather look at a rendered wall.

Same again today, put 1.5 tubs in an still soft as me! Scraped by 6.30 but cleaning up till 8!
Done now, I think at least 2 tubs next time!

Keithuk uses 2 bottles per water butt for weber, parex will be slower than weber as you know. Need at least 2 bottles for parex

Monorex is nearly always an over night set with 2 passes bit like enewall gear. Can't be doing with 6.3o finishes before the drive home aswell.