Why spend £400 on a mixing drill

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waste of money bought one 10 months ago all it did was flick skimming out the top of the bucket all over the place only used it that once so sits in van , might give it to the wife for pudding mixing as no good for plastering

Wouldn't entertain for every day plastering wonder how many drills you would burn out with professional daily use, however when very small mix required have used a paint stirrer and cordless drill instead of old fashioned stick and plunging bike cog happy days

Sorry didn't know they came with m14 thread opens up a new ball game! but they do advertise with a cordless drill originally if not now

mix and pour at the same time

Send alarm bells ringing when I watch someone have a bucket of water then pour all plaster on top and try and mix it.

Lumpy as **** and takes ages to sort out

mix and pour at the same time

Send alarm bells ringing when I watch someone have a bucket of water then pour all plaster on top and try and mix it.

Lumpy as **** and takes ages to sort out

Thats the biggest load of bollox ive ever heard. You sound like a right jumped up snob there Steve.

I work on my own so don't have the luxury of having someone pour whilst i turn. I put a bucket of water in then 3/4 of a bag turn it then add the rest and mix. my mixer and paddle does a full bag easy in less than a minute, with no lumps creamy as. What mixer and paddle do you use ?

Thats the biggest load of bollox ive ever heard. You sound like a right jumped up snob there Steve.

I work on my own so don't have the luxury of having someone pour whilst i turn. I put a bucket of water in then 3/4 of a bag turn it then add the rest and mix. my mixer and paddle does a full bag easy in less than a minute, with no lumps creamy as. What mixer and paddle do you use ?

I pour and mix myself mate

just watched the video, and i would pour that mix over the Labradors head if he offerd that to me !!.....bloody rubbish , the best one i ever see for mixing plaster was two prongs like a fork with the inside prongs missing and the two end ones still there worked fantastic........

I pour and mix myself mate

What mixer do you use mate ? and how long does it take you to mix a bag ? Cos i certainly wouldn't hold a bag in one hand and hold my mixer in the other and mix a full bag. Can you put a vid up of you doing a full bag lump free please as im intrigued.

So why if someone does it differently to you should alarm bells start ringing ? do you have the canny ability to know what someones end product is going to be by the way they knock their gear up ? and do you think you are better than everyone else ?

any decent spread that ive worked with mixes and pours. The guys that we have had come along and mixed by pouring in on top and then mixing have been shite.

Now up until now I assumed that mixing and pouring was accepted as the normal way and anyone thay didnt clearly hadnt be taught properly.

But it seems that I could be wrong

What mixer do you use mate ? and how long does it take you to mix a bag ? Cos i certainly wouldn't hold a bag in one hand and hold my mixer in the other and mix a full bag. Can you put a vid up of you doing a full bag lump free please as im intrigued.

So why if someone does it differently to you should alarm bells start ringing ? do you have the canny ability to know what someones end product is going to be by the way they knock their gear up ? and do you think you are better than everyone else ?

Regina 1800 mega mixer. Prop the mixer between my legs and pick up bag and pour with left arm. Mix in about a minute

Im not saying im better then anyone else and am sorry if it came across like that. Cant get my head around anyone mixing differently as I know its a ball ache to pour and then mix.

Cant see how you can mix and pour at same time ..... Fair dos dont hoy a hole bag in if your only mixing up about a bag , put 2/3 3/4 in mix then top up , my mixer has a bit bite to it spesh with my big paddle , wouldnt be doing it one handed .... If you have a small paddle or not powerful mixer not bad like other wise would **** ur wrist over time :RpS_thumbup: Bloody hell though theres more than one way to skim , surely more than one way to knock up the gear all depends what mixer you are using etc

I also use the 1800'w mate and they have two handles on them, surely if you have negative paddle in it'll pull it down from the top anyway, never had a lumpy mix.

What do you do if for some reason you want a slightly stiffer mix ? Not having a pop mate each to their own i guess.

any decent spread that ive worked with mixes and pours. The guys that we have had come along and mixed by pouring in on top and then mixing have been shite.

Now up until now I assumed that mixing and pouring was accepted as the normal way and anyone thay didnt clearly hadnt be taught properly.

But it seems that I could be wrong

I work by my self most of the time when spreading and I mix and pour at the same time, bag under left arm pouring and right hand working the mixer. Only started doing it this way after getting an eibenstock 1800 with a 160mm whisk mind cos it will stand up in the bucket by i'ts self nee botha

I use a scoop for the first third of the bag or even the whole mix,stop and starting as I go.
I can't see what difference it makes in a days work if you take 2minutes longer than the next bloke. I rarely ever lift a full bag and chuck it in and mix as prefer to look after my back etc. I know if I mix easi fill then I let the powder sink and soak in much longer than multi or board finish as that tends to be lumpy otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.