Why dya Think

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

A Taylor Wimpey site has built a load of houses some in Brickwork and some in blockwork. They have put the roofs in gutters the lot. Some have windows but what have taken down all the scaffold. How dya think they will manage with the rendering. There are some big houses there and some elevations are about 2 mts from the road so i cant see a cherry picker going there.
They are even building all the garden walls around the houses.
On the plan it looks like coloured render.

dont go by the pics we did a thincoat job opposite epsom station and they went by the colours on the pics it was totally wrong when they looked at the drawings cost 80k to paint it

Fella around here got s**t loads of chippys on for him doing wimpeys and presimmon and the like and some of the sites have stopped because they can't get hold of trusses and first fix materials, so they are on stop!

Are they signing them over to housing association? I was workin on some newbuilds a while back and they have sold some to housing association and so much work has to be done before they hand over any more money. Or they could be getting so much done before their end of tax year. A site near me has sjut for one month a month befor etheir tax year starts so they aint goin back till the end of july or maybe it was june. it could be cladding but they are gonna have to get access as if they were rendered, h&s and all that.

Maybe they thought that's two weeks the renderers haven't turned up **** em they can sort out their own scaffold

been past again today and i cant see much room for cladding up by the soffits and the sills.
I wonder if they have dropped the scaff and decided to let the buildings settle for a while before rendering them. They do that in Germany for render only systems i have been advised.
Old Blonesy will be straight in there with his Layher scaffold and his mono Texturing.
Someone seems to have the drywall cos i can see 70mm stud

Spray paint the wall with you're price ........and extras and daywork in little letters

then again the render company might not have been happy with scaff quicker to strike than pay for adaptions

Were all doing it this way put you're price and you're phone number up try and get through the calls from the scaffolders and piss heads and hopefully the one bloke you won't tell to **** off is running it

I love conundrums like this steve.
hey spunk we could all paint our rate on each house etc and then the site manager will let us know who is the winner ayye

Tidy Fish

I wonder if they have dropped the scaff and decided to let the buildings settle for a while before rendering them. They do that in Germany for render only systems i have been advised.

Sounds about right, maybe they've had settlement trouble elsewhere and NHBC won't cover them unless they've stood for a while:RpS_thumbup:

They have just done the same on the job im on i reckon all the scaffold companies have heard scrap is good money at the mo and cashing it all in or pikies have nicked it all.

Scaffs aint been paid, simple.Blonesy that used to be the case in Germany nothing would be rendered for 12 months, dont know if they still do that.

Scaffs aint been paid, simple.Blonesy that used to be the case in Germany nothing would be rendered for 12 months, dont know if they still do that.

it would be hard to sell the houses un rendered. There is still some scaffold up on the houses that haven't yet been finished and some elevations are still standing. Anyway fukk em

dont go by the pics we did a thincoat job opposite epsom station and they went by the colours on the pics it was totally wrong when they looked at the drawings cost 80k to paint it

You did that? I didnt realise that was painted! didnt ever see them paint it!

Status
Not open for further replies.