Why does every tradesman I met slag off their peers work when they see it?

Members online

Have confidence in what you do. Everyone knows when they’ve done a good job, everyone knows when they’ve cut corners. Customer doesn’t/can’t always know the difference…just don’t get complacent and burn out and be a bread head without a conscience.

Its called banter mate building trade thing

I think it's an English trait.

Paddy's, Germans, Poles, Dutch, French and Italians don't seem to.....

I think you're sort of right - strong English banter and humour.

None of the others mentioned are even close to the humour (and straight talking) of English workmen.

Different.

Have confidence in what you do. Everyone knows when they’ve done a good job, everyone knows when they’ve cut corners. Customer doesn’t/can’t always know the difference…just don’t get complacent and burn out and be a bread head without a conscience.
What's bread head mate? Never heard that phrase.

None of the others mentioned are even close to the humour (and straight talking) of English workmen.

Different.
What’s with the “paddy’s” comment?..Some of the best Irish plasterers built up your country.A lot of the English plasterers on here will verify that so show a bit of respect.

Different.
Bollox !

Over the years mate every single time lol. Is it the first rule in every manual or something?
Kings regulations. First job of the day is to tut tut when you see what the last fella did.
What’s with the “paddy’s” comment?..Some of the best Irish plasterers built up your country.A lot of the English plasterers on here will verify that so show a bit of respect.
This is true. The standard of tradesmen here is very high. Brickies are quick and plasterers know the whole trade.

I live at the bottom of the Ineshowen peninsula. I don't know why, but it's known for the very best plasterers about.

What fucks things up is Irish builders. Some f**k**g gangsters there alright.