Why are quotes all over the shop?

Members online

Burnleys a worse shithole than Bradford.

Not sure about the Taliban thing though.

The Taliban itself is a proper mindfuck of an organisation.

They funnel money into these villages in remote areas in Afghanistan & Pakistan, eventually the local economy become dependent on them.

They setup religious schools since there's no educational system out there and start brainwashing these kids with a violent ideology under the guise of Islamic texts -like f**k any of these kids or their parents can even read never mind understand medieval Arabic texts. None is allowed to question anything.

Kids grow up, adding loyal followers to the cult. They have kids of their own. Rinse and repeat.
Endless violence and mayhem ensues.

Interesting thing is Pakistani army and govt keep these schools of jihadis open and running under the guise of providing an education but really so they can use the the recruits and jihadis as a bullwark and leverage against other regional adversaries like India and Afghanistan. It's quid pro quo.
The Americans sanction this so long as Pakistan promises not to align with Russia and is prepared to send the Taliban in as mercenary force against Russian puppets in Central Asia.

Endless kids go into the meat grinder... But it's just geopolitics so long as someone else's kids...

Need to get you in on some of our posts regarding Islam in the public bar.. Would like to hear what you have to say on the matters!

Are u mad I did s**t loads of work for them no problem getting the money. Even try paying me up in full b4 I started job. They will try haggle with you when you first price. But all you have to say to them is do u not have the money. They don't like that lol they will pull the cash out there and then lol.
Had a nightmare . Ended up throwing 50 quid at each other for.5 mins in front of joiners . Lol he wanted me to take it but I knew if I did I was tied in to next job . There was other things little extras etc

Need to get you in on some of our posts regarding Islam in the public bar.. Would like to hear what you have to say on the matters!

Yes. I’ve got slated a few times for defending the religion. Like I said, I’ve met loads of ******* and never had an issue. Most are like Mo. On a level.
Keep saying it. Don’t always believe the media and think about the real agenda they’re pushing or hiding with the anti islam s**t

Hello again

No, I'm not expecting an invoice. He hasn't mentioned cash in hand, but I suspect that it will be.

Can you imagine how in would come across if I started insisting on invoices and auditable bank transfers or seeing their insurance certificates!? Id struggle to get a tradesman even more than I do currently.

I much prefer paying by bank transfer, it's a bloody
nightmare trying withdraw £1000 through these ATMs I'm limited to £250 max per day. Will let you know what he says.

Funny story, I sold my fiesta last year and the guy paid in cash: £5.5k and I went to the bank to deposit it, so I said to the teller "id like to make a cash deposit, teller says "do you now know how much is there?", I say "yes, £5,500" and i could see through the corner of my eyes, these two ladies at the next window along looking me up and down. I just ignored them, but as I walked away after my transaction they shouted "F*****g drug dealer!!" Lol!! I had no desire to engage in a shouting match so didn't bother to stop. But that's another reason I don't like going to the bank to withdraw cash.
Better than being called a suicide bomber! Things are looking up on the upside (y) can you get anything for tonight and how much a gram?

Reactions: Mos
I find the intracacies and quirks of different cultures fascinating, but it's awkward if you feel out of your element. Some people are really good at bridging gaps though.

In Bradford we have a white fella who's the grave digger that's employed by the council. Obviously he''s been doing a fair few Muslim burials over the years. The fkr has gotten so good now that he even knows the Arabic recitation and gives instruction on how and when to do the rituals... Was even schooling one of the junior imams once...

Had a nightmare . Ended up throwing 50 quid at each other for.5 mins in front of joiners . Lol he wanted me to take it but I knew if I did I was tied in to next job . There was other things little extras etc

Yes. I’ve got slated a few times for defending the religion. Like I said, I’ve met loads of ******* and never had an issue. Most are like Mo. On a level.
Keep saying it. Don’t always believe the media and think about the real agenda they’re pushing or hiding with the anti islam s**t

Dude I can assure you I don't listen to the media.. If I sat down and spoke to you in person you'll probably find we agree on lots of it. Not getting into that now though, been round in circles with it lol

I find the intracacies and quirks of different cultures fascinating, but it's awkward if you feel out of your element. Some people are really good at bridging gaps though.

In Bradford we have a white fella who's the grave digger that's employed by the council. Obviously he''s been doing a fair few Muslim burials over the years. The fkr has gotten so good now that he even knows the Arabic recitation and gives instruction on how and when to do the rituals... Was even schooling one of the junior imams once...

What makes you think he isn’t a ******, mo?

Cheapest in the country for Charlie round here...it's all the connections to aghan opium
I'm black,deaf,G** and blind got a lovely council house but can get lonely at times mo bit of Chong wouldn't go amiss sometimes!

Yeah you're bang on the money here.
This is a fundamental principle.

Keep pushing your rates, keep testing the market, otherwise you might find you're stuck on the same rate as 10 years ago and just undercutting your peers.

This applies to any business.

If it's any help Mo from my experience of the trade (15 years now) there is a reason why some customers really struggle to get a decent tradesman...firstly we have the internet now...a quick google search can find out how much your house is worth...even what your job is...we can also tell alot from how you come across on the phone, how your house looks on Google street view...the things you say.

95% of the time we can know whether the customer will be able to afford our rates or not before we even quote...some slip through the net and waste our time.

For example my work is perfection...so is my customer service but in my city I mainly work in affluent areas...thats not to say I discriminate against potential customers in less affluent areas, I will usually provide a ballpark figure over the phone....but if I'm busy I won't.

The best tradesman are out there but they are not stupid and they are working for clients that are willing to pay a decent rate.

If it's any help Mo from my experience of the trade (15 years now) there is a reason why some customers really struggle to get a decent tradesman...firstly we have the internet now...a quick google search can find out how much your house is worth...even what your job is...we can also tell alot from how you come across on the phone...the things you say.

95% we can know whether the customer will be able to afford our rates or not...

For example my work is perfection...so is my customer service but in my city mainly work in affluent areas...thats not to say I discriminate against potential customers in less affluent areas, I will usually provide a ballpark figure over the phone....but if I'm busy I won't.

The best tradesman are out there but they are not stupid and they are working for clients that are willing to pay a decent rate.

You've always had an inflated opinion of your self and been full of bull s**t whilst asking the most basic basic questions which ive pulled you on now many times.

I quote "you get customers to pay your lads direct" along with materials etc!

What a F*****g big time charlie you really think you are whilst being a mickey mouse sole trader.

Your a bore mate!!!!

You've always had an inflated opinion of your self and been full of bull s**t whilst asking the most basic basic questions which ive pulled you on now many times.

I quote "you get customers to pay your lads direct" along with materials etc!

What a F*****g big time charlie you really think you are whilst being a mickey mouse sole trader.

Your a bore mate!!!!

Thanks Zombie...you can believe what you like but I have my accounts done monthly...and this is a tactic to avoid the VAT threshold...

I had 4 subbies on at one stage...and was right on the threshold and this was my way of avoiding VAT, I also had to cancel 2 large rendering jobs. This was the route I decided on mainly due to the stress levels and not earning enough to make it worth it.

Now I avoid the stress and pay and apprentice £40 a day charge him out at £12.50 an hour and charge myself out at £240.

= £300 a day

Everybody is happy.

Thanks Zombie...you can believe what you like but I have my accounts done monthly...and this is a tactic to avoid the VAT threshold...

I had 4 subbies on at one stage...and was right on the threshold and this was my way of avoiding VAT, I also had to cancel 2 large rendering jobs. This was the route I decided on mainly due to the stress levels and not earning enough to make it worth it.

Now I avoid the stress and pay and apprentice £40 a day charge him out at £12.50 an hour and charge myself out at £240.

= £300 a day

Everybody is happy.

Phhhh.....Piss & wind!!!!

Alright my friends,

The guy I've lined up: he says he's happy with bank transfer. He's insured for injury at work and public liability. Good signs.

Will start next Friday and says it'll take 5 days. Customer from a previous job says he was grafter, trustworthy but "optimistic", I says "optimistic?" "Yes, with timescales because he likes to take his time... Bit of perfectionist"

The job was fine that I looked at, everything was straight and smooth inc the ceiling. There was a hairine crack in one area but nowt 2 mins with polyfilla wouldn't rectify.

One thing that is unusual though is he says he prefers to screw 25mm Celotex to the raters then follow it over with 12.5mm/9mm pb rather than use 37.5mm insulated board. I can't really object to this except to say any savings in materials will cost me more in labour so net effect is £0, but he says that is how he prefers to work. Any comments on this are welcome.

Cheers

It's alright fellas, you dont have to save my blushes.... Who is this legendary Andy G anyways? Could someone link his thread?
_20190316_230934.JPG

Alright my friends,

The guy I've lined up: he says he's happy with bank transfer. He's insured for injury at work and public liability. Good signs.

Will start next Friday and says it'll take 5 days. Customer from a previous job says he was grafter, trustworthy but "optimistic", I says "optimistic?" "Yes, with timescales because he likes to take his time... Bit of perfectionist"

The job was fine that I looked at, everything was straight and smooth inc the ceiling. There was a hairine crack in one area but nowt 2 mins with polyfilla wouldn't rectify.

One thing that is unusual though is he says he prefers to screw 25mm Celotex to the raters then follow it over with 12.5mm/9mm pb rather than use 37.5mm insulated board. I can't really object to this except to say any savings in materials will cost me more in labour so net effect is £0, but he says that is how he prefers to work. Any comments on this are welcome.

Cheers

Irrelevent should be 100mm celotex between rafters 50mm over joists, 15mm boards over top if a single extension!