Whose fault is this and what to do next?

Members online

Taj W

I had a bedroom plastered of my old terrace house. The walls had been papered and were in a bit of a state. In some places the plasterer used a very coarse plaster to "build" sections of the wall where it had crumbled away. The room was left for a few weeks before sealing it with watered down emulsion 50/50 paint and water - 2 coats of this before applying the colour I want. The places in which this coarse plaster has been used is now discoloured. It looks like the paint is degrading and is dusty to touch. In some places it does look like damp patches. The plasterer has told me it's probably a leak but it is occurring on both interior and outside walls and coincides with where the coarse plaster was used. What can I do to rectify it? Any help /suggestions/advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20171019_191755235.jpg
    IMG_20171019_191755235.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 432
  • IMG_20171019_191821443.jpg
    IMG_20171019_191821443.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 417
I had a bedroom plastered of my old terrace house. The walls had been papered and were in a bit of a state. In some places the plasterer used a very coarse plaster to "build" sections of the wall where it had crumbled away. The room was left for a few weeks before sealing it with watered down emulsion 50/50 paint and water - 2 coats of this before applying the colour I want. The places in which this coarse plaster has been used is now discoloured. It looks like the paint is degrading and is dusty to touch. In some places it does look like damp patches. The plasterer has told me it's probably a leak but it is occurring on both interior and outside walls and coincides with where the coarse plaster was used. What can I do to rectify it? Any help /suggestions/advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

A leak!!!! A hundred little leaks..... :)

I'm gonna learn something on this thread.

Hack it off and fill with sand and cement or maybe a lime sand mortar depending on the type of construction.

I did something similar a while back, but it wasn't small holes. It was a great big patch on the wall - like half of it.

Reckon someone will be cursing me now?

He could of got away with dri coat ,limelight as a light weight coat but bonding is a sponge for dampness ,has to come off ,patch with sand and cement with a waterproof

He could of got away with dri coat ,limelight as a light weight coat but bonding is a sponge for dampness ,has to come off ,patch with sand and cement with a waterproof

U should not skim over sand and cement with waterproof in it. The skim cant bond to the sand and cement as good as it should because the waterproof puts a seal on the render. (y)

U should not skim over sand and cement with waterproof in it. The skim cant bond to the sand and cement as good as it should because the waterproof puts a seal on the render. (y)

This is all quite interesting.

So what about the seal PVA puts on substrates? How is that different?

but you can put on a pallet of skim in 1 big hit !!!

I can do 2. But just can't finish it (y)

in winter 4 pallets with board finish !!
5 pallets with multi.....thats about a 3000m hit.
if you mix it like piss and throw a retarder in the skim aswell its 6 pallets.. christ clemo weve only got to work 1 day a year !!!
if it sets in a year :envidioso:envidioso:envidioso

in winter 4 pallets with board finish !!
5 pallets with multi.....thats about a 3000m hit.
if you mix it like piss and throw a retarder in the skim aswell its 6 pallets.. christ clemo weve only got to work 1 day a year !!!
if it sets in a year :envidioso:envidioso:envidioso

What time we starting at

and his money /sleep / friends / spare time /
his life / his cars bikes /
then he'l drink like us and argue the shiit over unifucking finish !!!!!

while in a hotel working away from home for bearbeef @£2m skimming ...dressed as a muslim supporting the edl.

kids !! but there worth it xx

Th
Thanks for all the discussion. Just about following it. What I understand is that it's a lost cause the state it's in and it should come off and start again?

Th

Thanks for all the discussion. Just about following it. What I understand is that it's a lost cause the state it's in and it should come off and start again?

Older properties don't have cavity walls. Any damp penetrating from the outside would be held back with a sand and cement backing plaster. Modern gypsum soaks up water like a sponge. Also check that your window frame is sealed properly as there nay be some gaps around the frame. You only need a tiny gap for water to get in and cause problems.

Is it a stone house. Is it single cavity. Need more info