• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
"This tape is sh1t" = Opinion.

"This tape doesn't stick." = Fact.

"This tape is brilliant." = Opinion.

"This tape sticks." = Fact.

It's not a difficult concept, but don't worry your pretty little head about it. I'm sure you have other qualities to compensate.
Fine you got me, I've got to comment again.

So one person says it sticks, one says it doesn't and they're both facts? o_O

How about if I use the shovel to shovel water.
Would that make it a fact that a shovel is not fit for shovelling?

I suppose that comes down to how the shovel is described. I've never seen one advertised for shovelling water, so I guess it comes down to trades description and how the law would view it.

Um, it's not an opinion to use something in a way that wasn't intended. That either means you didn't think it's use through properly, or someone else found an additional use for it that meant changes were required. At no point in any of that does an opinion enter into it.

"This tape is brilliant." = Opinion.

That was hard work

Fine you got me, I've got to comment again.

So one person says it sticks, one says it doesn't and they're both facts? o_O

Unless we go down the Schrodinger rabbit hole (I quite enjoy that one so feel free to give it a go if you want) then one of them is correct and the other incorrect.

The evidence we have is from the manufacturer. He thought it stuck sufficiently for its intended purpose. Someone tested it in the field and found that it didn't. The manufacturer clearly agreed that was the case because he changed the adhesive used. Clearly he wouldn't have gone to the expense of doing that if he felt the person testing it was wrong. So he has accepted the data gathered and made the change based on that.

It wasn't a review containing an opinion. It was a test which brought to light the fact that it didn't stick as required when used for its intended purpose. Most products are tested/trialled in that way so I'm not sure why your struggling so hard to understand?

For example, I could use a shovel to apply plaster then point out to Bulldog (and anyone else who'd listen) that it didn't do very well. They could then shape the shovel like a trowel to improve it's plastering abilities. There's no opinion in that. It's a fact that plastering with a shovel won't work very well. It would also be a fact that Bulldog's changes to the shovel improved it's plastering abilities.

An opinion would be me saying "I think it would be better if I could plaster with this shovel." It's nonsense, but it's still an opinion.

I’ve told you before I am not buying a trowel!!
Also you said you’d never tell Anyone how I apply plaster :cry:

Unless we go down the Schrodinger rabbit hole (I quite enjoy that one so feel free to give it a go if you want) then one of them is correct and the other incorrect.

The evidence we have is from the manufacturer. He thought it stuck sufficiently for its intended purpose. Someone tested it in the field and found that it didn't. The manufacturer clearly agreed that was the case because he changed the adhesive used. Clearly he wouldn't have gone to the expense of doing that if he felt the person testing it was wrong. So he has accepted the data gathered and made the change based on that.

It wasn't a review containing an opinion. It was a test which brought to light the fact that it didn't stick as required when used for its intended purpose. Most products are tested/trialled in that way so I'm not sure why your struggling so hard to understand?
You certainly like digging holes I'll give you that. Can barely see you up here