• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
100% agree

That said what would you do if your landlord top man that provides you with say 90% of your work turned around and said.

"Steveio if your not prepared to fall back in line I'm going to have to bring in another caretaker and give him a contract"

Then multiply it by you have staff & overheads!

That's why it should always have just been a full lock down to stop the snakes coming out from woodwork!
Don't lay it on too thick @zombie remember you made your own u turn although a lot earlier and in the opposite direction

No need to throw clown in there owls,sorry pal but no it dsnt wash the contracts thing..you've been acting like jesus on here,if you was practicing what you've been preaching for last 3 weeks I'd say stuff your contracts we are in a pandemic and il see you in court,I bet you would win as there would be uproar..your going in because you want to go in to earn money..spin it whichever way you want
Don't see it with Jesus, but there you go.
I not really fussed if it washes with you or not to be fair, how can I stuff contracts when I'm already in for 10s of thousands, you'd walk away would you....just nonsense.
That is my point I've been making, the government are still saying go to work if you can so your argument doesnt stack up, there's nothing illegal about it.I still maintain fellas shouldn't be going to work, my opinions havent deviated from that.

Don't see it with Jesus, but there you go.
I not really fussed if it washes with you or not to be fair, how can I stuff contracts when I'm already in for 10s of thousands, you'd walk away would you....just nonsense.
That is my point I've been making, the government are still saying go to work if you can so your argument doesnt stack up, there's nothing illegal about it.I still maintain fellas shouldn't be going to work, my opinions havent deviated from that.
We will leave it at that owls,dont want to argue with you it's silly.. stay safe (y)

Yep 1st to say thought was all piss & wind when started in China and Vince was going on about if that's what you mean?

For the record I'm often wrong in fact I'm rarely right!!!
I knew it was guna be like this,I said to lad I work with there should shut all airspace from china and lock the f**k**s in until there had it under control.was obvious,cant stop f**k**g flu from spreading..dosnt help it took who about 3 months to declare it a pandemic the thick bastards..could put together a panel from this shite and would do better than that shite organisation

Image,this isnt aimed at you..you cant come on here and preach for last 3 weeks saying health and family is more important than work then preach to every1 who's going into work,then come on here saying your starting up again on monday when country is in lockdown for another 2 weeks because of contracts..bolloxs.so contracts are worth more than your health and family but that wasnt said 4 weeks ago when lockdown started.theres no argument for it
No need for everyone to have a go at him though, we all make errors of judgement.

The Virus or @Smoother? :tarjetaroja:
Working sat gadgy desperate :oops:
A44EA761-A994-4DBD-AD81-6A0513C83688.png

LMAO your not meant to be going to other people’s house FFS. Thick as s**t some people
Na,she will be visiting a vulnerable person every morning. Like most guys going to occupieds,they either go to work,go for shopping etc,,,,,,,,, stay away,,,,,sit in the garden.then come back into the area you have been working in.its all fine.

The lad on the other page answered the questions for working in occupied houses.

Plastering ain't essential.in my opinion,who disagrees.
UK government guidelines

You are a tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes. You can continue work, providing that you are well and have no symptoms. You should notify all clients in advance of your arrival.

On entry to the home you should wash your hands using soap and water for 20 seconds. You should wash your hands regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, and when leaving the property. Where facilities to wash hands are not available, hand sanitiser should be used, and you should carry this with you at all times.

You should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times, and ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window.

No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless your work is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repair.

No work should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms

Last edited:
It's ok to say essential work only or emergency work only etc but I'm losing my rag with the obvious inconsistencies.
Also the govt are being sneaky. At first it was a 3 week lock down ,then another 3 week. Now in the last few days they've admitted to probably having social distancing in place for 6 months.
People can deal with a 2 month hit with support but 6 months+ will kill almost all small /medium business.
I feel there was always a tipping point between safety and the economy and I feel the see saw is tipping for most in the other direction because it has to.
Cant work in someones house but you can get some temp job in the asda to get some cash rubbing shoulders with 1000s of shoppers ???

It's ok to say essential work only or emergency work only etc but I'm losing my rag with the obvious inconsistencies.
Also the govt are being sneaky. At first it was a 3 week lock down ,then another 3 week. Now in the last few days they've admitted to probably having social distancing in place for 6 months.
People can deal with a 2 month hit with support but 6 months+ will kill almost all small /medium business.
I feel there was always a tipping point between safety and the economy and I feel the see saw is tipping for most in the other direction because it has to.
Cant work in someones house but you can get some temp job in the asda to get some cash rubbing shoulders with 1000s of shoppers ???
The whole debate was some people saying they are working in occupied houses.simply they are breaking guidelines.its their in black and white.police stopped builder as hobo said, told him you ain't essential go home.

The whole debate was some people saying they are working in occupied houses.simply they are breaking guidelines.its their in black and white.police stopped builder as hobo said, told him you ain't essential go home.
I'm home btw and I do get it. But why is it ok for the builder who gets turned away by police to get a temp job in asda ? What's the difference.

Domestic lads ain't going in many houses this year il guarantee it..strap in folks its guna be a bumpy ride

They will,they don't care about guidelines.
If the customers are over 70, anyone with a medical conditions they are shielded.that will be the case until their is a vaccine.

I'm home btw and I do get it. But why is it ok for the builder who gets turned away by police to get a temp job in asda ? What's the difference.
I don't make guidelines,I don't agree with all of them. But they are their like them or not.

I'm not so sure pal,I pray to god I'm wrong
How many people on this forum read those guidelines,if they had surely you would not be going unless you say f**k it in occupied properties.and most domestics will think its alright if they dont come in room. Those guidelines are valid until lockdown is lifted.

How many people on this forum read those guidelines,if they had surely you would not be going unless you say f**k it in occupied properties.and most domestics will think its alright if they dont come in room. Those guidelines are valid until lockdown is lifted.
Just cant see it pal,obviously your guna get some that dont give a f**k but majority will be too scared until we all get pumped with vaccine

Customers haven’t worried at all about me working at their properties. They either stay upstairs or go out. I had a mild case of the virus last month, had 2 weeks off and was back at it. As long as I can still get materials all’s fine.
Have you been honest with all you’re customers and told them you have had the virus?