• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I don't understand why you would go back if you are getting £2K plus per month? Are people that f**king greedy? This is a perfect opportunity to spend time with family, take up a hobby etc.
There are a lot of people who cannot stand their own company, it's sad but they need to keep busy or they lose the plot.

I've had an email of my firm asking weather would be ok going back to work as long as safety procedures are put in place.i would as long as it's safe.i need to because I'm getting a new roof next week which costing me 6k thought I would get away with patch up but its f**k*d.is it acceptable to let roofers in my house?subbie firm I work for has already said they expect a recession.

I’m opening all My projects back up on Monday, all lads back in (8), plus another 2 developers are opening/allready back in so we’ll be full tilt within reason.Mothballing sites only works for so long, we’re part of the Chain and need to crack on so other trades can follow us. There doesn’t seen to be any exit plan from the government which is making business nervous in general.
What? after some of the stuff you have come out with, unfuckingbelievable!

I'm sitting this out to the bitter end with my nut job left looney tune robbo..no good preaching for last 3 weeks then declare your going back because your part of a chain,when uve been preaching 4 last 3 weeks saying family more important than money blah blah blah..this is what I meant when I was saying other day those that are judging stop judging other people

True to a degree, but there's also a timing issue. If you work on staged payments for example you can be in the hole to five or six figures just before you get paid for a stage. A weather delay, problem with a supplier, people not turning in etc etc all add costs and are notoriously difficult to predict. Any or all of those happen just before the curtain was dropped and you cloud be in big trouble.

As @superspread said, I can think of a few times over the years where I'd be in deep sh1t if this happened at that point. I can guarantee under those circumstances with a choice between loosing everything and working at risk of getting or spreading the virus I wouldn't spend a second thinking about it.
It's pretty much where I'm at with stuff, tens of thousands out on site projects, scaffold up etc.

That's where I'm at with it, it's not through choice, contract obligations.

It should have gone to full lock down then everyone would have been on the same boat without fear off loss of contracts & contacts.

Its slowly becoming a farce my neighbour has done more trips to diy stores in a day than I do in a year and thinks it's all a laugh & joke returning with the days spoils.

It should have gone to full lock down then everyone would have been on the same boat without fear off loss of contracts & contacts.

Its slowly becoming a farce my neighbour has done more trips to diy stores in a day than I do in a year and thinks it's all a laugh & joke returning with the days spoils.
It should have been a ban on all construction from the start, essential works only, plumbing fittings and the like.

Morgan Sindall are jokers, they try make u plaster internally with gloves hat glasses the whole Shbang on wtf
i had a stand off with a carrillion h and.s bloke over using a podium tower while floating a wall out.
he wanted me.to.shut gate everytime i walked up the 3 steps onto the platform with a hawk.

said i might forget im on it and.step back and fall off.

said if i step back off a.1m platform after less than 20.secs then i dont deserve to be onsite

and in middle of winter wearing gloves with water i said that is a h and.s issue with wet hands when washing out