• Start date

Members online

No members online now.

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Your right mate, I have probably kissed too many arses on here.
After reading through some of your posts i have decided you offer no valid contribution so you are now deleted.
Is ashleymcduff now ex communicado as they say in john wick movies

It can't be an opinion. Either the adhesive was adequate for the intended purpose, or it wasn't.
I don't think you know what an opinion and a fact is. You can have an opinion that something is great and fit for purpose and someone else can have an opinion it's terrible. Look at every product for sale on the internet with reviews. Some are 5 star, say it's amazing, some 3 and say it's alright, some 1 and say it's the biggest load of s**t ever made. Doesn't make one of those opinions fact

It can't be an opinion. Either the adhesive was adequate for the intended purpose, or it wasn't.
Nothing man made is 100% perfect but my own testing was adequate which led to my opinion being that the tape was adequate. As an unknown we can only form opinions until we are presented with the facts.

I don't think you know what an opinion and a fact is. You can have an opinion that something is great and fit for purpose and someone else can have an opinion it's terrible. Look at every product for sale on the internet with reviews. Some are 5 star, say it's amazing, some 3 and say it's alright, some 1 and say it's the biggest load of s**t ever made. Doesn't make one of those opinions fact
But those are just opinions of the fact , the fact being the product being tested.

But those are just opinions of the fact , the fact being the product being tested.
I have no idea what that's meant to mean tbh mate.
Opinion-someone giving feedback on a product
Fact-a product failing a fit for purpose test

My tape exists, thats a fact. You can touch it see it, It is a factual thing.
It sticks bead to walls that's also a fact. You have tried it youself when you were Rob.
Is it useful? thats an opinion.

My tape exists, thats a fact. You can touch it see it, It is a factual thing.
It sticks bead to walls that's also a fact. You have tried it youself when you were Rob.
Is it useful? thats an opinion.

Exactly, it's usefulness or otherwise is opinion. It's ability to function as intended is a fact, it either does, or doesn't.

Opinion and fact both have clearly defined definitions if you'd care to look them up. "Fit for purpose" is a term defined in law, there's no ambiguity, nor is it a matter of opinion. Are you actually going to try and use internet reviews to override definitions set out in both the Oxford English Dictionary and in English common law? :ROFLMAO:

You just enjoy arguing. Unfortunately you're not very good at it because you're not very bright. So probably best to leave it to the grown ups now.

Opinion and fact both have clearly defined definitions if you'd care to look them up. "Fit for purpose" is a term defined in law, there's no ambiguity, nor is it a matter of opinion. Are you actually going to try and use internet reviews to override definitions set out in both the Oxford English Dictionary and in English common law? :ROFLMAO:

You just enjoy arguing. Unfortunately you're not very good at it because you're not very bright. So probably best to leave it to the grown ups now.
You stated someone's review on a product was a fact. You were wrong, fact.

Exactly, it's usefulness or otherwise is opinion. It's ability to function as intended is a fact, it either does, or doesn't.
It did function as I intended, fact. But it was used in a different way to how I intended, opinion. These are the facts.

It did function as I intended, fact. But it was used in a different way to how I intended, opinion. These are the facts.

Um, it's not an opinion to use something in a way that wasn't intended. That either means you didn't think it's use through properly, or someone else found an additional use for it that meant changes were required. At no point in any of that does an opinion enter into it.

For example, I could use a shovel to apply plaster then point out to Bulldog (and anyone else who'd listen) that it didn't do very well. They could then shape the shovel like a trowel to improve it's plastering abilities. There's no opinion in that. It's a fact that plastering with a shovel won't work very well. It would also be a fact that Bulldog's changes to the shovel improved it's plastering abilities.

An opinion would be me saying "I think it would be better if I could plaster with this shovel." It's nonsense, but it's still an opinion.

I didn't, but as usual you're not letting facts or accuracy get in the way of your dribble.
So someone saying "your tape doesn't stick well on a field test" makes it fact? It makes it that person's opinion lol
Honestly, you've been locked up to long

So someone saying "your tape doesn't stick well on a field test" makes it fact? It makes it that person's opinion lol

It either stuck well or it didn't. In either event it would be a factual statement which could be proven with a demonstration which would provide empirical evidence one way or the other. So it is clearly by definition a fact.

You're a moron, that's also a fact for which there is a wealth of empirical evidence.

It either stuck well or it didn't. In either event it would be a factual statement which could be proven with a demonstration which would provide empirical evidence one way or the other. So it is clearly by definition a fact.

You're a moron, that's also a fact for which there is a wealth of empirical evidence.
So is there proof with a demonstration? No, so it's an opinion :risas:

If you can't see how a blokes review on a product is his opinion and not a matter of fact then there is no help for you.

I'm out, my kids talk more sense than you

So is there proof with a demonstration? No, so it's an opinion :risas:

If you can't see how a blokes review on a product is his opinion and not a matter of fact then there is no help for you.

I'm out, my kids talk more sense than you

"This tape is sh1t" = Opinion.

"This tape doesn't stick." = Fact.

"This tape is brilliant." = Opinion.

"This tape sticks." = Fact.

It's not a difficult concept, but don't worry your pretty little head about it. I'm sure you have other qualities to compensate.

Um, it's not an opinion to use something in a way that wasn't intended. That either means you didn't think it's use through properly, or someone else found an additional use for it that meant changes were required. At no point in any of that does an opinion enter into it.

For example, I could use a shovel to apply plaster then point out to Bulldog (and anyone else who'd listen) that it didn't do very well. They could then shape the shovel like a trowel to improve it's plastering abilities. There's no opinion in that. It's a fact that plastering with a shovel won't work very well. It would also be a fact that Bulldog's changes to the shovel improved it's plastering abilities.

An opinion would be me saying "I think it would be better if I could plaster with this shovel." It's nonsense, but it's still an opinion.
Ah, but if someone is using a shovel to shovel water is that the wrong way to use or unfit for purpose?

How about if I use the shovel to shovel water.
Would that make it a fact that a shovel is not fit for shovelling?